Love Is Colorblind . . .Or Is It?
- RACIAL AND ETHNIC INTERMARRIAGES SLOWING. // USA Today Magazine;May2007, Vol. 135 Issue 2744, p8
The article reports on the decline in the number of interracial and interethnic marriage in the U.S. during the 1990s, according to a study by the Ohio State University in Columbus. It says that immigration has played a significant role in the trend. Sociology professor Zhenchao Qian says that...
- Children of mixed parentage: How can professionals respond? Wardle, F. // Children Today;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p10
Offers suggestions for those who work with interracial children and their families. Special needs of children of mixed racial or ethnic parentage; Confusion over racial identity; Ways to help parents raise children.
- MIXED WEDDINGS BIG SOCIAL NEWS FOR NEW ENGLANDERS. // Ebony;Jul1954, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p91
The article presents information on the emergence of interracial marriages in the U.S. as of 1954.
- Cross colors. Gregory, Deborah // Essence (Essence);Jan1993, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p40
Lists several groups and publications for couples involved in interracial relationships. `New People: The Journal for the Human Race,' a bimonthly publication; Opposites Attract, an interracial introduction service; `Interracial Classified,' a monthly newsletter.
- White man fired from job for dating black women weds black woman. // Jet;08/25/97, Vol. 92 Issue 14, p31
Reports that Elmer Jack Smith, who was fired for dating black women, married black woman Sherree Thomas. How Smith was fired from job as police officer by the Birmingham Veterans Administration Medical Center; Smith's lawsuits relating to firing; Education and professional backgrounds of Smith...
- Bridge of love. Iwashita, Tomoyuki // New Internationalist;Oct94, Issue 260, p22
Focuses on the author's marriage to a British woman. Frequency of international marriages in Japan; Culture differences; Family differences; Difficulties experienced; Comparison with marriages between same nationalities; Japanese culture.
- Interracial Married Couples in the U.S., 1960-98. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p893
No abstract available.
- Children of the rainbow. // Newsweek;11/19/84, Vol. 104 Issue 20, p120
As our society becomes ever more diverse and the number of mixed marriages rises, so do the number of interracial children. To help these kids deal with the unique challenges they face, parent support groups with names like Interace and Interracial Family Alliance have sprung up across the...
- Marriages between Shanghainese and foreigners arouse concern in Shanghai. Lian, Wu // Chinese Education & Society;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p53
Reports on the increasing number of marriages between Chinese and foreigners. Larger proportions of mixed marriages in countries where Chinese go to study; Foreign women seeking marriage with Chinese men; Social effects of the marriages.