TeamSTEPPS: Integrating Teamwork Principles Into Adult Health/Medical-Surgical Practice
- Department of Health and Human Services: Controls over Travel Program Are Generally Effective, but Some Improvements Are Needed: GAO-03-334. // GAO Reports;2/21/2003, p1
By their nature, determining and paying allowable travel costs pose substantial risk, making effective internal control crucial. Because of this and weaknesses in internal control identified in the GAO review of travel card usage at the Department of Defense, GAO was requested to review the...
- Military medical supplies for Native Americans. // AHA News;09/09/96, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p5
Reports that the US Department of Health and Human Services is partnering with the Department of Defense to transfer more than $4 million in Defense Department medical equipment to 120 clinics and hospitals within the U.S. Native American health care system.
- DoD to train medical support team for U.S. // AHA News;10/24/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 21, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) stated that in response to a request by the Department of Health and Human Services, a 30-person medical support team will be trained for provision of short-notice assistance to civilian medical professionals in the U.S. when needed.
- Whistle-Blowers Shed Light On Health and Safety Issues. // Public Citizen News;Jan2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p9
The article focuses on the death of two patients due to health and safety problems alerted by a physician of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) to Public Citizen, a non profit organization who further called for U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the U.S. Department...
- Diplomatic immunity. Piotrowski, Julie // Modern Healthcare;7/29/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p32
Discusses the plan of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to offer smallpox vaccine to more frontline health care workers. Details on the national smallpox strategy of the HHS; View of the American Hospital Association on the proposal; Requirement for states under the...
- Revise medical privacy rules. // Business Insurance;4/1/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p8
Reports the proposal of the Department of Health and Human Services to change the medical records privacy rules in the U.S. Protection of patient privacy; Impact of consent regiment on health care providers; Compliance date of the proposed changes.
- Across the board. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;3/31/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the agreement between the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to use a common set of healthcare technology standards and obliterate barriers to the exchange of clinical information among providers, as of March 2003. Areas...
- SUSPENSION AND DEBARMENT. // GAO Reports;11/16/2011, preceding p1
The article reports that the number of suspension and debarment cases related to federal procurement among various organizations of the U.S. varied over the last five years. As stated, the U.S. Department of Defense entitled for two-third of all suspension and debarment cases. As further stated,...
- Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives Transmitting Budget Amendments for Fiscal Year 2013. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/16/2012, p1
The article presents a letter addressed to the Speaker of the House of Representatives from U.S. President Barack Obama. Stated in the letter is the President's request for Congress to consider Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 Budget amendments for several government departments. Some of the departments...