- CEOQ&A. SibiIin, Anthony // BRW;10/1/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p10
An interview with Mike Smith, chief executive officer (CEO) of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd., is presented. When asked about his best advice for managing people, he says that a person must manage people the way they want to be managed. He adds that his greatest regret in his...
- Winds of Change at ANZ. Colquhoun, Lachlan // FinanceAsia;Nov2015, p5
The article offers information on the impact of retirement of Mike Smith as the chief executive officer (CEO) of banking company, ANZ Banking Group Ltd. on the ANZ's institutional business relationship with Australia. It also talks about the appointment of Shayne Elliott as the chief executive...
- LOFTY AMBITIONS. Frith, Damon // BRW;1/17/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p22
The article looks into the effort of Mike Smith, the new chief executive officer of ANZ Banking Group Ltd., to double the bank's profits in Australia. Smith announces that he will improve the profits of the bank to more than $8 billion within five years. He is also confident that he will achieve...
- AUSTRALIA BANKING. // Acquisdata Industry SnapShots: Australia Banking;11/22/2016, Issue 6380, p1
An industry report of the banking industry in Australia is presented from publisher Acquisdata Pty Ltd., with topics including the sale of ANZ asset, HSBC's plan to open a private bank in the country, and the impact of interest rate changes on banks before and after the Global Financial Crisis.
- ANZ: bad debts partly offset by consumers' preference for major banks. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Dec2009, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that the Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. (ANZ) revealed that increased bad debts would reduce its profits for the 2009 financial year by 11 percent to 2.94 billion Australian dollars. ANZ chief executive Mike Smith warned that bad debts would continue to present...
- ANZ solid half-year. TAYLOR, MIKE // Money Management;5/8/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p5
The article presents information on the financial performance of ANZ Banking Group Ltd. during the half-year ending March 31, 2014, and presents the views of chief executive officer Mike Smith on the integration of the firm's wealth solutions with its banking offerings.
- Global economy 'has a long way to go'. // BRW;9/10/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p32
The article focuses on the forecast concerning the global economic recession. Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Banking Group Ltd., chief executive officer (CEO) Mike Smith states that the full recovery from recession remains a long way out for the world economy to attain. He cites that he...
- ANZ to raise $3b to avoid asset sale. Yeates, Clancy; Thompson, Sarah; Macdonald, Anthony // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/7/2015, p13
The article presents views of Mike Smith, chief executive officer of ANZ Banking Group Ltd., on the capital of three billion dollars raised by it for using it during the sale of its assets, company's share purchase plan and its profits.
- ANZ caught off guard by raising flap. Earl, Greg // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/13/2015, p13
The article reports on an announcement by ANZ Banking Group Ltd.'s chief executive Mike Smith that the much larger amount of capital invested by the bank in its Asian bank investments could be recovered through its 3 billion dollars capital raising.