- Financial In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/24/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 18, p19
Reports financial developments related to the chemical market in the U.S. as of November 2003. Coverage of the U.S. chemicals sector by Fulcrum Global Partners analyst Frank Mitsch; Rating upgrades on Monsanto Co. by Greenwich Consultants analyst Michael Judd.
- financial In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/8/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 7, p11
Reports that Bear Stearns Co. has temporarily suspended coverage of the chemical industry with the departure of analyst Frank Mitsch.
- US prognosis for 2007. Chang, Joseph; Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;1/8/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 48, p26
The article deals with the profit outlook of the U.S. chemicals sector for 2007. Despite the profitability of the North American chemical industry in 2006, Wall Street is split on a commodity cycle downturn in 2007. In November 2006, Merrill Lynch analyst Don Carson downgraded the ethylene...
- Basics Earnings Remain Strong Amid Challenges. Bryner, Michelle; Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;8/11/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 25, p6
The article focuses on the earnings posted by chemicals producers amid difficult market conditions in the U.S. Companies benefited from increased selling prices, strong overseas demand, and the favorable impact of first-in first-out (FIFO) accounting. Frank Mitsch, analyst with BB&T, says almost...
- Bear Stearns Relaunches Chemicals Coverage. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/18/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on the ratings of several chemical companies. Rating received Eastman Chemical Company (ECC); Comments from Bear Stearns analyst Frank Mitsch; Price increase of polyethylene terephthalate from ECC; Problem facing Dow Chemical Company; Information on the share price of Solutia Inc.
- Celanese soars on earnings surprise. Zwirn, Ed // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of Dallas, Texas-based industrial chemicals giant Celanese. It reveals the company's shares growth and net sales for the fourth quarter of 2006. Comments from Frank Mitsch of BB&T Capital Markets are included. Kevin McCarthy of Banc of America...
- Transitory downdraft? CHANG, JOSEPH // ICIS Chemical Business;11/24/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 18, p5
The article discusses the state of global chemical market and the expected effect falling oil prices will have on the industry. Topics discussed include predictions by market indicators including the Chemicals Volume Proxy, the US Petrochemical Index (IPEX), and the Purchasing Manager's Index...
- Chemical stock prices rally. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/21/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 18, p14
The article provides information about the status of chemical stock prices in the U.S. Widening margins in the commodity chemical chain are fueling optimism for an extended profit upturn into 2006. The surging tide has floated most boats in the commodity sector, with strong rebounds off their...
- Shares feature attractive valuations. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/21/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 18, p15
The article focuses on the market share performance of chemical companies according to analysts in the U.S. Fulcrum Global Partners analyst Frank Mitsch favors Dow Chemical, Nova, Lyondell and Eastman as good ethylene/ plastics plays, as well as Olin and PPG Industries on the chloralkali side....