- NEWS MAKER. Dagar, Shalini S. // Business Today;4/20/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p30
The article reports that Rahul Bhasin, managing partner in Baring Private Equity Partners Ltd., has raised the India-specific fund. At present, the firm has investments in around 15 Indian companies, apart from investment in public enterprises. He has led the Indian team for the last 10 years...
- ING in Management Buyout of Equity Firm. // American Banker;10/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 207, p10
ING has announced an agreement in principle for a management buyout of a London, England private equity asset manager. Baring Private Equity Partners Ltd. has $2 billion of private equity funds under management including $360 million managed for ING, the company said last Tuesday. Third-party...
- Baring raises $190 million for private equity. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;4/15/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the funds of Baring Private Equity Partners Ltd. for private equity in London, England. Assets of Baring; Investment on pension funds; Emphasis on fairly mature technology and infrastructure manufacturing.
- Baring Asia PE to Sniff out More Dough. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;8/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p5
Deals with the efforts of Baring Private Equity Partners to raise funds for its Asian Fund II in 2001.
- PRIVATE EQUITY'S Men in Control. Pande, Shamni // Business Today;6/29/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p76
The article reports on private equity investors, Actis, Baring Private Equity Partners and India Value Fund's acquisition of majority shares in the companies they invest in. The article describes Baring's investment philosophy. Actis has an estimated $700 million funds under management in more...
- Baring Pitches Promise in Russia. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;2/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, pN.PAG
Reports on the success of Baring Private Equity Partners in acquiring commitments from various investment companies at the closure of its Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund in December 2001. Appreciation of Russian President Vladimir Putin by company's co-managing partner Michael Calvey for his...
- Baring, CEA eye emerging markets. McCormick, Nicole; Shepherd, Lloyd // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p71
Reports on Baring Private Equity Partners and Communications Equity Associates' establishment of the third private equity fund to invest in Central European media.
- PE-Backer Baring Helps Push Ambow into Provisional Liquidation. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/17/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p26
The article reports that Ambow Education Holding Ltd., which received a 108 million dollar privatization bid from Baring Private Equity Fund V LP, has been placed into provisional liquidation in the Cayman Islands, where it is registered, in 2013. According to Tom Vaughn, a member of law firm...
- WHAT'S AROUND. // Accountancy;Mar2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1279, p50
Presents news briefs related to developments in the financial services industry as of March 1, 2000. Guidelines published by London Stock Exchange for its fledging market; Contents of the periodical "Business Money"; Amount raised by the company Baring Private Equity Partners for the Baring...