He Knows His ABBs
- ABB powers into profit. Sell, Christopher // Engineer (00137758);2/27/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7694, p18
The article reports on the business challenges and development of ABB Ltd. in Switzerland. The company came near financial meltdown in 2001 but rebounded strongly due to surging demand in its core areas of power technologies and automation. The results in the fourth quarter revealed a profit of...
- The changing face of energy. // Electrical & Automation Technology;Dec2006/Jan2007, p6
The article reports on the predictions of Ravi Uppal, ABB's vice-chairman and managing director, for the electric industry. Uppal predicted an increasing trend of power trading in the world commodity markets. He also predicted that utility companies will start selling their surplus power in...
- people. // Business Today;3/23/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p194
The article presents information on several persons related to the business sector including Ravi Uppal, who has been appointed non-executive director of British aerospace and defence company BAE Systems PLC, Kevan Watts, who has been appointed the first President of DSP Merrill Lynch and Balu...
- People. // Business Today;9/21/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p202
The article profiles several executives in the finance industry in India, which include Kalpana Morparia, recognized as head of JPMorgan's India operation, Ravi Uppal, chairman of ABB Group, and Indra Nooyi, chairwoman and chief executive officer of PepsiCo. Inc.
- people. // Business Today;7/15/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p150
The article presents several career changes of various executives in India including Chandramani Singh, Dinesh Paliwal and Ravi Uppal.
- 2002: THe Year to Overweight High Yield, or Another Dud? // High Yield Report;1/7/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Forecasts on the revenue management of several business enterprises in 2002 in the United States. Expectation of double-digit returns; Growth of market trade exports; Estimation of the annual rate of world economic growth.
- Slip and dip: facing up to lost revenue. Levine, Shira // America's Network;11/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p18
Focuses on the approach used by companies to gain revenue assurance and prevent revenue leaks. Correlation between the maturity of organizations and its implementation of revenue assurance programs; Areas cited by companies where they experience losses.
- LOCAL MARKET SPOTLIGHT. May, Rebecca // Electronic Media;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p6
Reports revenue developments in the local advertisement sales and growth of television broadcasting companies in Bakersfield, California. Factors attributing to the financial recovery of television networks; Estimated increase in television revenues; Revenue management techniques implied.
- More than rooms. Earls, Elly // Caterer (2055-7817);10/10/2014, p30
The article focuses on how hoteliers can effectively implement a total revenue management strategy. Topics discussed include the complexities confronting revenue managers for non-room profit centers and revenue opportunities to be derived from conferencing, spa, and food and beverage....