Making the Cut
- No-scalpel vasectomy as performed by a general practitioner/surgeon between 1990 and 1999. Macdonald, Ian R.; Page, Stacey A. // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Winter2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on no-scalpel vasectomy (NSV) as performed by a surgeon in Alberta. Development of NSV as a contraceptive choice for men; Citation of complications; Confirmation of azoospermia by post-vasectomy semen analysis.
- ARE YOU READY FOR A VASECTOMY? Stump, Bill; Taber, Andrew; Drozd, Shelley // Men's Health;Dec2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p112
Presents information on vasectomy. Options for vasectomy; Risks of hematoma; Reasons for its popularity.
- Adding vasectomies: One agency's story. // Contraceptive Technology Update;May2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p57
Low-income, minority, and less educated men are less likely to be vasectomy recipients due to costs, according to a survey of vasectomized men. Oregon public health officials launched a vasectomy pilot project in 2005 to offer low- or no-cost vasectomies to Title X-eligible men. â€¢ In the...
- At-home test checks post-vasectomy fertility. // Contraceptive Technology Update;Feb2009, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p19
The article reports on the commercial market release of SpermCheck Vasectomy diagnostic test for home usage.
- New male birth control method proposed. // BioScience;Nov94, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p719
Proposes the use of a combination of cryogenic sperm preservation and vasectomy as a method of `reversible' male birth control. Study made by Carl Djerassi of Stanford University and colleague S.P. Leibo; Recommended large-scale storage programs in the military.
- VASECTOMY. Fahey, Thomas D. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun95, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p120
Provides information on the birth control method, vasectomy. Disadvantages of vasectomies; Effects of testosterone on sexual physiology of males; Safety of vasectomies.
- The Need for Vasoepididymostomy in Patients Reversing Vasectomy. Parekattil, Sijo J. // Fertility Weekly;5/9/2005, p10
This article cites a study conducted by Sijo J. Parekattil and colleagues which was published in the May 2005 issue of "The Journal of Urology." It is reported that a model has been devised for urologists to use to predict the need for vasoepididymostomy in patients undergoing vasectomy...
- Legal Issues in Medicine. LATNER, ANN W. // Renal & Urology News;Jan2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p27
The article focuses on a lawsuit in which a vasectomy patient who subsequently had a child sued the urologist who performed the procedure for malpractice. Reportedly, the patient had mental illness and blamed the doctor for not performing the operation carefully and not notifying him about...
- Outside In. Newnham, David // Nursing Standard;8/31/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p32
Relates the author's experience concerning the procedure of vasectomy he underwent in Great Britain. Physical effect of vasectomy; Postoperative care of vasectomy; Possible complications of vasectomy.