- EBay Tiitan ID'd As Resort Buyer; Freedom Update. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p3
Presents news on businesspeople in Orange County, California as of June 17, 2002. Rumor regarding billionaire Pierre Omidyar; Information on philantrophist Irvin C. Chapman; Facts on the visit of former U.S. President Bill Clinton to the Different Drummer Books shop in Laguna Beach, California.
- The Most Influential PEOPLE in Trade. // World Trade;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p32
Presents information on several influential people in business. Pierre Omidyar, founder of eBay company; Klaus Zumwinkel, chairman of Deutsche Post company; Kim Dae Jung, president of South Korea.
- Innovation. // Forbes Asia;10/10/2005, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p50
The article provides information on several businesspeople in the U.S. who are included in The Forbes 400 list of "Forbes Asia" in 2005. Pierre Omidyar, founder of Internet auction site eBay, has a net worth of $10.2 billion. Background on the career of Robert Rich Sr., founder of Rich Products...
- Revolutionary Roads. Tiku, Nitasha; Del Rey, Jason // Inc.;Apr2009, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p100
The article presents several success stories related to business. In 1967, the Lakeside Mother's Club in Seattle, Washington, uses the proceeds of a rummage to install an ASR-33 Teletype machine for children to experiment with. In 1985, Ted Waitt and Mike Hammond of Sioux City, Iowa, launched...
- Bitcoin Conversion Service Gets Prominent Investor, Adds Currencies. Wilhelm, Colin // American Banker;3/23/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 43, p1
The article reports on the new partnership between payment company Bitreserve Inc. and Mexican billionaire Ricardo Salinas-Pliego and mentions the support for two new currencies such as Indian rupees and Mexican pesos.
- Should journalists help catch sources who commit crimes? Pierre Omidyar, Paul Carr, and Sarah Lacy debate (Guest Voice). // Moderate Voice;12/8/2013, p5
The article focuses on three journalists including Pierre Omidyar, Paul Carr, and Sarah Lacy debating on when and how to protect sources who broken the laws and conducting crimes.
- The e-Billionaire Nobody Knows. Sachs, Adam // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2000, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p232
Profiles Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of the Internet auction company eBay. Relocation to Paris, France; Omidyar as not the fitting the image of an Internet billionaire; Profitability of eBay; Description of items auctioned off on the eBay Web site; Personal net worth; Description of...
- eBay's software whiz lets others lead. // Executive Leadership;Mar2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the decision of Pierre Omidyar, founder of internet consumer-to-consumer corporation eBay Inc., to stop telling his managers what to do in which making them exercise more autonomy permits them to be more effective, adapted from the article "How I Did It" by Issie Lapowsky.
- The Next Way to Give. Richardson, John H. // Esquire;Nov2004, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p222
Profiles Pierre Omidyar, a philanthropist and the founder of eBay, an auction Web site. Career background of Omidyar; Personality of Omidyar; Reasons for the decision of Omidyar to give his money away to support charitable and social causes.