- Heroes of Philanthropy. Cunningham, Susan J.; Flannery, Russell; Gatsiounis, Ioannis; Karmali, Naazneen; Minami, Kiyoe; Nam, Suzanne; Prey, Hillary; Salmon, Andrew; Schmidt, Lucinda; Stewart, Emily; Tan, Jessica // Forbes Asia;3/10/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p39
The article features philanthropists who are selected as heroes of philanthropy in Asia. Hong Kong's Li Ka-shing has pledged to leave one-third of his $32 billion fortune to charity. Anti Agarwal has committed $1 billion toward creating a new university in India. Yang Huiyan, Chinas richest...
- Dock Works. Lee, Josephine // Forbes Global;3/29/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p29
Profiles Li Ka-Shing, a billionaire and businessman from Hong Kong, China. Businesses he owned; Personal background; Ports where Li has made his investments.
- Autumn of the Tigers. Ferguson, Tim // Forbes Asia;10/2/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p5
The article presents the impression of the editor session of the Forbes Global CEO Conference in Singapore in September 2006. Here was the region's richest resident, Li Ka-shing, tying the milestones of his 78 years to a crowning wish. Li this summer signaled that a third of his $19 billion...
- ASIA'S VERY RICHEST. // Forbes Asia;Mar2014 Supplement, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p26
The article presents Asia's top 200 billionaires listed with their global ranks as of March 2014, with the top three led by Li Ka-shing of Hong Kong Diversified, Lui Che Woo of Hong Kong Gaming, and Lee Shau Kee of Hong Kong Real Estate and Robert Kuok of Malaysia Diversified tied for third rank.
- LI KA-SHING'S SENTRIES. SHU-CHING JEAN CHEN // Forbes Asia;Mar2014 Supplement, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p30
The article discusses Asia's celebrated tycoon Li Ka-shing who invested in Horizons Ventures, Hong Kong's venture capital firm for disruptive digital start-ups founded by two women, Solina Chau Hoi Shuen and Debbie Chang Pui Vee, to seek high-technology financing opportunities. The company has...
- Global domination. Heathcote, Andrew // BRW;9/30/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p20
The article focuses on some of the richest persons in the world as of 2010, including billionaires Mark Zuckerberg, Yang Huiyan and Albert von Thurn und Taxis.
- Hong Kong's 40 Richest. Flannery, Russell; Kwok, Vivian Wai-yin; Chen, Shu-Ching Jean; Chen, Maggie; Miller, Matthew; Zeppelin, Cristina von // Forbes Asia;1/28/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p36
This article presents information on the 40 richest people in Hong Kong. Li Ka-shing is Hong Kong's riches with assets worth $32 billion. Li Ka-shing is a self-made billionaire. Through Hutchison Whampoa conglomerate, is world's largest operator of container terminals, world's largest health and...
- LI KA-SHING'S MIDAS TOUCH. FLANNERY, RUSSELL // Forbes Asia;Mar2012 Special Issue, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p40
The article focuses on Asia's richest man Li Ka-Shing and discusses those factors which have contributed to growth of his fortunes. It informs on how he dominates Hong Kong and holds keys to China as a result of investments in high-tech including Facebook, Sin and Spotify. He reveals his new...
- Li Ka Shing goes all fuzzy. Sanders, Sol W. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;8/30/2006, p14
The article reports on the plans of Chinese billionaire Li Ka Shing to donate one-third of his fortune to charity. Forbes ranks Li, who owns Hutchinson Whampoa and Cheung Kong Holdings, as the world's 10th richest man. Some 90 percent of the funds will reportedly be invested in Hong Kong and...