United States of America
- Prokhorov Is Russian for "Steinbrenner." LEITCH, WILL // New York;12/20/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 42, p52
The article features Mikhail Prokhorov, owner of basketball team New Jersey Nets. He is said to be the 39th richest man in the world and the third richest in New York City. Noted is the similarities of Prokhorov with George Steinbrenner, former owner of baseball team New York Yankees. According...
- THE YOUNGEST. // Forbes Asia;3/24/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p76
The article focuses on the youngest billionaires around the world. All of them are under 36 years old. Some inherited their fortunes, others made their own fortune. Among them is the youngest billionaire, 23-year-old Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, a social networking site. In October...
- The Disappearing Billions. Taback, Ivan; Perez-Zarraga, Yvonne M. // Trusts & Estates;Feb2011, Vol. 150 Issue 2, p50
The article profiles five billionaires who died in 2010 and whose estates escaped the federal estate tax in the U.S. Mary Janet Morse Cargill is a member of the family who owns Cargill Inc. Dan L. Duncan is a self-made oil magnate who died owning almost 50,000 miles of oil and gas pipelines....
- Going, going, gone? Klein, J. // New York;8/6/90, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p20
Discusses how George Steinbrenner, owner of the New York Yankees, has been permanently suspended from baseball for a $40,000 payment to gambler Howard Spira. Analyzes his seemingly suicidal mistakes; Likens the Steinbrenner mess to Donald Trump's woes and Mayor Ed Koch's defeat.
- Good man sometimes. Wulf, S.; Kunz, A. // Sports Illustrated;1/7/91, Vol. 73 Issue 27, p67
Profiles former New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner. Valuable contributions he has made; Personal dimensions; Life outside of baseball; Toughness as a boss.
- Bye George, You Got It. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;7/26/2010, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p12
An obituary is presented for baseball team owner George Steinbrenner.
- No easy answer. J.C. // Editor & Publisher;11/09/96, Vol. 129 Issue 45, p6
Focuses on ethical questions involved in New York Yankees owner, George Steinbrenner's invitation during the playoffs and World Series, to newspaper reporters, editors and executives to attend the games for free in his private box or to allow them to buy tickets to the sold-out games. ...
- George Steinbrenner. // U.S. News & World Report;2/18/91, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p16
Reports that George Steinbrenner is attempting to convince team owners that the commissioner of baseball denied him due process in hopes of getting his lifetime ban from the sport lifted.
- It's only a game--or was. Zuckerman, Mortimer B. // U.S. News & World Report;8/23/93, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p68
Editorial. Considers how some of the civility of baseball and respect for its traditions have been lost. How player loyalty to a team or city has been rendered obsolete by free agency; Spoiled superstars; Conduct of owners such as George Steinbrenner of the Yankees; His threats to move his team.