Buying City Hall
- Wealth Vs. Wisdom. Tomasky, Michael // New York;7/9/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p16
Features billionaire Michael Bloomberg who declared his candidacy for mayor in New York City. Problems encountered by Bloomberg on his campaign; Registration switch of Bloomberg on his political party; How Bloomberg admires Hillary Clinton.
- Mayor Bloomberg? Williams, Alex // New York;03/02/98, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p13
Reports that Michael Bloomberg, head of the Bloomberg financial empire, is considering running for Mayor of New York City in 2001. Why Bloomberg, a registered Democrat, could appeal to Republicans; How New York City voters have reacted in the past to mogul's mayoral notions; Comments from...
- Mayor Mogul. Gimein, Mark; Burke, Doris; Rodriguez, Elias; Watson, Noshua // Fortune;4/1/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p96
Focuses on the leadership of Mayor Michael Bloomberg in New York, N.Y. Way that his office is open and full of city leaders; Billionaire status of Bloomberg; Idea that his money and the events of September 11, 2001 enabled the election of Bloomberg; Budget deficit which is faced by New York. ...
- Mayor Mogul. Gimein, Mark; Burke, Doris; Rodriguez, Elias; Watson, Noshua // Fortune International (Europe);4/1/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p54
Focuses on the leadership of Mayor Michael Bloomberg in New York, N.Y. Way that his office is open and full of city leaders; Billionaire status of Bloomberg; Idea that his money and the events of September 11, 2001 enabled the election of Bloomberg; Budget deficit which is faced by New York.
- EMPEROR MIKE. Kurson, Ken; Caplin, Joan; Garcia, Erica // Money;Oct2001, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p96
Focuses on businessman Mike Bloomberg who is campaigning for mayor in New York City. Background on how he changed the world of investing with the Bloomberg global news service; Career highlights which began on Wall Street in 1966; Discussion of why the multibillionaire kept his enterprise...
- Another tycoon takes money and runs-for office. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;7/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 165, p1
Focuses on Michael Bloomberg, businessman and mayoral candidate in New York City. Comment of Bloomberg about his business skills that he believes can be transferred to the public sector; Amount that he has spent on his campaign; Profile of Bloomberg and his billion-dollar media empire.
- The Cats Man Cometh. Grove, Lloyd // Newsweek Global;2/8/2013, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p1
The article profiles the billionaire and businessman John Catsimatidis, focusing on his plans to campaign for the position of mayor of New York City. Topics include Catsimatidis' wife Margo, his views concerning the New York mayor Michael Bloomberg, and his political and charitable donations....
- Bloomberg gets personal with voters. // Crain's New York Business;5/16/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p14
The article reports that Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York re-election campaign is said to be preparing a direct-mail operation that will be the most sophisticated targeting effort ever used in politics on any level. Instead of printing five or six variations of fliers, insiders say, the mayor...
- Democrats attack Bloomberg at debate. Compton, Josette // New York Amsterdam News;8/18/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 34, p3
The article focuses on the first of two Democratic primary debates in the race for mayor of New York City. Candidates Fernando Ferrer, C. Virginia Fields, Anthony Weiner and Gifford Miller were eager to prove that Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg was not one of America's best mayors as "Time" magazine...