Japan's Asia Play
- SPARX targets growth with new Japan value-investing strategy. // Asia Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article reports on SPARX Asset Management's March 2014 launch of its value-investing strategy Japan Value Impact Fund, which focuses on property, healthcare, clean energy and infrastructure, as part of the asset management company's growth strategy in the country.
- Sparx Is Flying. Doebele, Justin // Forbes Asia;5/22/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the growth of Sparx, a Japan-based asset management company funded by Shuhei Abe. The company increased its stock by 140% in 2002. The company's share value has reached to Â¥15,000. To expand the company, Abe bought Cosmos and PMA Capital Management.
- Capitalising on Japan's big restructuring. Diola, Rodney // Asia Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
Legendary Japan investor and SPARX Group president, CEO and CIO Shuhei Abe discusses how Abenomics is making the economy competitive again and how reforms to the country's $1.3 trillion public pension pool will be a game-changer for Japan's financial markets
- On a Tear. Sullivan, John // Investment Advisor;Sep2012, p84
The article features president and chief executive officer (CEO) Jon Sundt of Altegris. It states that Sundt starts his career as an options trader in 1986, done corporate stint for Man Financial, and founded Altegris in 2002. He mentions that part of his job in the company is to help and...
- AS Good AS it Gets? Britton, Diana // REP.;Mar2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p42
The article focuses on low margins for firms despite rise in the equity markets. Chief executive officers (CEOs) are feeling more confident in the future outlook of the business. The movement towards fee-based business is a positive development for broker/ dealers. A firm can get 40 to 50...
- Who's the Boss?!? How professionals can work with a newly empowered investor. Beyer, Charlotte B. // Trusts & Estates;Aug2015, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p60
The article focuses on how professionals can work with an investor who has taken charge of the company acting as chief executive officer (CEO), citing reference of hypothetical company My Wealth Inc. Topics discussed include system for hiring right professional for a position, Investment Policy...
- Research Firms Blast Rules and Regs. // Traders Magazine;May2004, Vol. 17 Issue 225, p18
Reports on the unintended destructive effects of the regulation designed to encourage third-party research and protect investors, according to an official of an independent research firm in the U.S. Comment of Scott Cleland, CEO of the Precursor Group, on the regulation; Focus of the...
- CEO of CardioNet Adopts Rule 10b5-1 Plan. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/22/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article presents information on a declaration by CardioNet Inc. which highlights that its president and chief executive officer (CEO) JosephCapper has adopted the Rule 10b5-1 trading plan which would allow corporate officers to adopt stock trading plans when they do not possess material,...
- NO STOPPING AT JUMPSTART. Soder, Chuck // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/18/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p1
The article reports that the officials of investment fund JumpStart Inc. are confident of bright future after five year of it founding. JumpStart Inc.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Ray Leach said he is pleased with the results, as are the organization's stakeholders, even though none of...