Pump and Dump
- Key lots: Chinese ceramics and works of art. // Art Newspaper;Oct2010, Issue 217, p71
The article offers information on the Chinese ceramics and art works that were sold at Christie's auction on September 16 and 17, 2010.
- Spring 2010 Auctions -- London and Salisbury. Hunt, Kent // Orientations;Sep2010, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p133
The article discusses the spring 2010 Chinese art auctions in London and Salisbury in England. Record-breaking "Asian Art" sale by Woolley & Wallis reportedly got 8.8 million pounds on May 19-20, 2010, featuring jade, lapis lazuli and rock crystal from Crichel House in Dorset, England....
- Spring 2010 Auctions -- San Francisco and Boston. Tao, Margaret // Orientations;Sep2010, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p142
The article discusses Chinese art auctions in San Francisco, California and Boston, Massachusetts in June 2010. It claims that the "Fine Asian Works of Art" sale at Bonhams & Butterfields in San Francisco reached 4,567,810 U.S. dollars, more than double the pre-sale estimate. The "Fine Asian...
- Tear up the record book--China is coming. ADAM, GEORGINA // Art Newspaper;Dec2010, Issue 219, p64
The author reflects on the impact of Chinese art on the art market, citing the sale of a Qianlong dynasty vase in London, England for 51.5 million British pounds.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Freund, Anthony Barzilay // Art + Auction;Aug2008, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p8
The article discusses reports published within the issue including one by Paul Schimme on the success of charity auctions, another by Judd Tully on a controversial and contemporary Chinese art collection, and another by Souren Melikian on art pieces worth coveting.
- CHINA: BOOM OR BUST? POLLACK, BARBARA // Art in America;Oct2011, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p132
The article explores aspects of the art market in China related to art sales, business methods, and consumer taste. The author reflects on the influence of Chinese art collectors such as Liu Yiqian and the rise of auction sales. Topics discussed include the unreliability of data on transaction...
- dealers Reaching out again. Douglas, Sarah // Art + Auction;Dec2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p61
The article reports on the condition of arts auction dealers to financial difficulties in which some of them forged ahead, cut back on bloated product budgets, and shied away from the glare of public auctions while others expand after parting ways such as auction dealer Iwan Wirth and David Zwirner.
- Untitled. // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Oct2008, Vol. 168 Issue 558, p126
A directory of international auctioneers of art and antiques around the world is presented.
- Eastern promise. Adam, Georgina // Art Newspaper;May2011, Issue 224, Special section p19
The article reports on the opportunities and risks confronting Western art dealers and auctioneers as they penetrate the Chinese art market. The decision to conduct business in China is in consideration of the expanding middle class with increasing disposable income, not to mention a long...