Rising Rice Prices Pose Real Risks
- Dynamic Asia and China. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec99, Vol. 1999 Issue 2, p127
Reports on economic developments in China and Dynamic Asian Economies in 1999. Economic recovery; Favorable economic fundamentals; Trade surplus; Projections for 2000 and 2001; Gross domestic product; Rising exports; Near-term deflationary forces. INSET: Financial restructuring in Indonesia,...
- What happens in China will impact all of Asia. // Asian Pacific Post;12/15/2011, p15
The article presents an economic outlook for Asia for 2012.
- Will Asia's slowdown affect our markets? Mahoney, Ken // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/2/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p6
The author reflects on the weakened economies in Asia wherein short-term consolidation might be expected in the market but drastic action should not be carried out.
- The Sources Of Asia's Woes. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2009, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the economic forecast of Business Monitor International (BMI) for the economies of several Asian countries. According to BMI, the overall structure of many Asian economies including South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, and Hong Kong remain driven by exports. BMI...
- Growing pains in Asia. Goodall, Mike // Money Management;8/13/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p26
The author provides an economic forecast for Asia regarding the rapid expansion of its financial services. It highlights the retail financial services for several regions such as Hongkong, China, Singapore and Mainland China which invoked regulation changes similar to Australia's regulations. It...
- GUEST EDITORIAL. Heise, Michael // Asia Insurance Review;Jan2010, p4
The author reflects on the economic condition of Asia in 2010. He notes that it is expected that the economic upswing in the Asian economies will continue during the year and the gross domestic product (GDP) growth will reach 8.7% in China and 6.5% in India. He mentions that the growth means...
- Taking a punt on growth. Stammer, Don // BRW;08/27/99, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p20
Predicts that the global economic growth will be stronger-than-expected in the year 2000. Causes of the growth slowdown in 1998-99; Improvement of Asian economic conditions; Implications of the forecast on the Australian economy.
- Determinants of Supply Elasticity in Interdependent Markets. Gardner, Bruce L. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug79, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p463
This paper draws out the implications of equilibrium in a two-product, two-factor model for elasticity of product supply, which is found to depend upon input supply elasticities, alternative product demand elasticity, elasticity of substitution between production inputs, relative factor...
- FAO expects rice production to rise by 1.8 percent in 2008. // Western Farm Press;5/3/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p25
The article reports that Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has predicted that world rice production will increase in 2008 by 12 million tonnes or 1.8 percent. However, FAO forecasts that international rice trade will decline due to restrictions in main exporting...