VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY
- VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the country risk ratings for Vietnam as of March 2007. The short-term political rating remained at 81.0, which is the highest rating in Asia. The short-term economic rating is 65.0 with trends indicating the country's reliance on non-renewable resources. The business...
- Change Will Comeï¿½. But Not Yet. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2006, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that the risks of political instability in Vietnam are extremely low but it's one-party state is ultimately unsustainable as economic development and global integration progress. The government has been pursuing steady liberalization since the early 1990s, but the entry into...
- Country Reports: Viet Nam. // Vietnam Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for Viet Nam is presented from publisher IHS Inc., with topics including country risk ratings, sovereign risk ratings and economic outlook for 2015.
- Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on macroeconomic prospects and political risk in China and North East Asia as of December 2013. It states that China's 18th CPC Central Committee upcoming Third Plenary Session will represent a step towards wide economic leberalisation. It mentions that China and India...
- Country Risk Summary: COSTA RICA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p2
Outlines the country risk prospect of Costa Rica in 2003. Outlook on the government's political strength; Purpose of the bonds that the government will issue on the international markets; Impact of the strike at state electricity and telecom company ICE on the business community.
- Country Risk Summary: BANGLADESH. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Sep2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p6
This article focuses on country risk for Bangladesh in 2003. One risk to Bangladesh's political stability is the possible emergence of local militant Islamic groups. Last year the 'Far East Economic Review,' a Hong Kong, China-based magazine, warned that Bangladesh had become "a cocoon of...
- Country Risk Summary: El SALVADOR. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Presents the country risk rating of El Salvador including political, economic and business sectors as of January 2003. Strike organized by health workers; Objectives of the decision of Banco Multisectorial de Inversiones to cut its lending rates; Actions that should be taken by the government...
- Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Jul2013, Vol. 20 Issue 7, preceding p1
The report presents forecast and analysis for the political risk and macroeconomic condition of China and North Asia as of July 2013. It highlights North Korea's diplomatic outreach to Japan and China, a 40-day strike in Hong Kong and the approval of a draft bill for the reform of pension...
- RISK SUMMARY: PAKISTAN. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the political and economic risks as well as the business environment in Pakistan, including the ongoing disputes in the sugar industry and the possible expansion of international consumer-facing players.