RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA
- IRAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Jan2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p10
This article presents a risk assessment of the political and economic environment of Iran. On November 24, 2005, the board of the International Atomic Energy Agency, the UN's nuclear watchdog, voted not to refer Iran to the UN Security Council for non-compliance with the Nuclear...
- NEWSREEL. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 228 Issue 2, p2
Reports developments in the petroleum industry in the United States as of February 2001. Resignation of James Hoecker as chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission; Aim of the partnership forged by three major natural gas producers; Regulation of oil and gas pipelines by the Texas...
- FMCSA chief Sandberg will call it quits. // Bulk Transporter;Feb2006, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the plan of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Administrator Annette M. Sandberg to resign her post in the U.S. FMCSA has been dogged by legal challenges to its regulations, the most prominent of which involves the truck driver hours-of-service rule that...
- Bolivia: Another Crisis Averted, For Now. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p14
Focuses on the impact of the problems encountered by Bolivia's petroleum industry on the economic growth of the country. Reason for the resignation of President Carlos Mesa in June; Information on the bills signed by Mesa before his resignation; Effects of the problems in the petroleum industry...
- Ministerial machinations. Willock, Rob // Contract Journal;6/18/2003, Vol. 418 Issue 6431, p52
Comments on the resignation of Brian Wilson as construction quarter minister of Great Britain. Reason for his move; Implications of the resignation for the construction industry.
- A LOOK BACK. // Waste & Recycling News;5/27/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p0026
The article recounts issues in the waste and recycling industry between 2003 and 2012, including the resignation of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) administrator Christie Whitman in 2003 and the public announcement released by the National Solid Waste Management Authority (NSWMA) in 2008.
- Albery ankles post. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;06/14/99, Vol. 375 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the resignation of Christabel Albery as head of the London Film Commission. Plans of Albery to return to producing; Identification of the person who will replace Albery; Plans of Albery to work on a project to launch a satellite television channel.
- Kenya: Renewed Corruption Concern. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/14/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p15
Reports on the concern of foreign investors on the Kenyan government's campaign against official corruption. Move of John Githongo to resign as President Mwai Kibaki's anti-graft advisor; Reaction of ambassadors to the resignation of Githongo; Investment risk in the country; Inflation rate in...
- ECUADOR: RISK SUMMARY. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p7
The article presents a summary of Ecuador's political risk, economic risk, and business environment. President Alfredo Palacio demanded the resignation of his cabinet ministers. The country's consumer prices fell for the second consecutive month, keeping inflation to 2.8%. Indian...