Government Mulls Spending Cuts
- Too complacent about credit? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p10
This article reports that Estonia's credit boom, which has helped to fuel private demand over the past five years, shows few signs of abating. A slowdown in economic activity and up trend in domestic interest rates should ease loan growth this year. Bank loans to individuals rose 51% y-o-y in...
- Country Intelligence: Report: Estonia. // Estonia Country Monitor;Jun2013, p1
A report on the economic outlook and conditions of Estonia as of June 2013 is presented. It notes the slow down of the country's economic growth and the resilient domestic demand. It expects the Estonian current account to remain in the negative zone and for fiscal policy to be loosened...
- Estonia: Drop in demand. // OECD Observer;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 270/271, p76
The article presents forecasts on the state of the economy in Estonia for fiscal year 2009 and 2010.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // New Zealand Country Monitor;Jan2012, p14
The article presents outlook on the fiscal and economic policies in New Zealand in which the government aims to return budget surplus by 2015.
- Poland: Government Will Fail To Meet Euro Adoption Timetable. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/27/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p13
An outlook for the ability of the Polish government to meet the euro adoption timetable is presented. In 2008, fiscal surplus surged to 3.9% of the gross domestic product (GDP). The Polish economy is expected to contract by 2.7% in 2009 amid a rise in demand for social spending and a widening...
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Switzerland Country Monitor;Nov2011, p16
The article offers an outlook on the fiscal policy of Switzerland in 2011 and beyond. It states that after 2009-2010, the country's fiscal policy will stay modestly restrictive. It says that the government could respond to any deterioration in economic growth, given the surplus in budget. It...
- N.J. Officials Target Surplus for Debt Reduction Fund. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32878, p4
The article discusses the estimation of target surplus by New Jersey state officials for the fiscal budget 2008. The state officials are estimating a collection of $533m excess for debt reduction fund in the fiscal 2008 budget, which they are seeing as an advantage. They propose saving an...
- Estonia. // Estonia Country Monitor;Oct98, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, forecasts and statistics for the economy of Estonia as of October 1998.
- Estonia // Estonia Country Monitor;January 1999, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of Estonia as of January 1999