RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- The informal economy in Jamaica: Is it feasible to tax this sector? Wedderburn, Chantal; Chiang, Eric P.; Rhodd, Rupert // Journal of International Business & Cultural Studies;Nov2011, Vol. 6, p1
This paper presents an overview of the informal market economy in Jamaica, a sector that represents approximately 40% of total GDP output. Specifically, we focus on the impact of the informal economy on productivity, economic growth, and social welfare. We present a discussion in favor of a...
- Minister clashes with police. HULPACHOVÁ, MARKÉTA // Prague Post;7/18/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 29, pA1
The article reports on the support by Miroslav Kalousek, Finance Minister in Czech Republic, to former Defense Minister Vlasta ParkanovÃ¡, in the battle of the latter on the prosecutions against her for an alleged involvement in Spanish CASA plane scandal.
- SEVENDAYS News & Notes. // Prague Post;7/ 4/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 27, pA1
The article offers news briefs in Czech Republic regarding the demand of opposition Social Democrats (ÄŒSSD) for Finance Minister Miroslav Kalousek (TOP 09) leave his office and the death of a 31-year-old Czech woman while hiking at Hum mountain.
- RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
The article presents economic and political risk assessment for the Czech Republic for 2007 and 2008. The country receives a short-term political risk rating of 70.6. Prospects of tax and fiscal reforms are presented. Real gross domestic product is expected to grow strongly within the forecast...
- Rating Agencies Are On The Mark, But Reserving Practices Are Way Off. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;4/22/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the financial strength ratings of the insurance companies owned by Mutual Risk Management Group (MRM) as of April 2002. Reserve charge for reinsurance receivables; Significance of an inadequate loss reserves.
- From Business Risk to Fair Value Uncertainty. // Morningstar StockInvestor;4/15/2008, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
The author reflects on the new fair value uncertainty ratings in the U.S. He states that the new rating system will classify companies accordingly. He points out that the new uncertainty rating will take place on the business risk rating to determine the number of stars in the "Morningstar...
- First Niagara Makes Top 50 U.S. Broker List. // Insurance Advocate;10/29/2012, Vol. 123 Issue 18, p18
The article reports that First Niagara Risk Management Inc. (FNRMI) has moved into the 43rd spot among the 100 largest insurance agencies and brokerages in the U.S. in the ranking of the "Business Insurance Magazine."
- Forward Thinking Required. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p12
Highlights the long-term fiscal planning and the challenge of sustaining international competitiveness in Vilnius, Lithuania. Expectation for a potential growth in 2005 with expanding real gross domestic product; Indication of a decline in budget revenues by 12 percent; Acknowledgement of the...
- A Welcome Return Of Investor Confidence. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Jan2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p2
The article focuses on the economic prospects of the Philippinian economy. Speculation of a third people power revolution amid opposition attempts to impeach President Gloria Arroyo over allegations that she cheated in the May 2004 election was hammering local asset prices. Arroyo's economics...