RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY
- Defaults on the Rise. Marshall, Jeffrey // Financial Executive;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the rise in corporate defaults worldwide in 2000. According to Standard & Poor's Corp., defaults reached 116 up from 104 in 1999. The total amount of debt grew from $38.4 billion to over $40 billion. Apparently, risky investments allowed weak companies to begin operations...
- More Bad News On Defaults. Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p3
Presents information on the report of Standard & Poor's on default statistics for the month of January 2002.
- S&P: Banks Sort on Risk Management Data. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p12
Presents the study made by the Standard & Poor's rating agency on enterprisewide risk management in New York. Development of the study; Inclusion of the study in the strategic planning of banks; Risk management capability of banks.
- S&P Warns Of Finance Deal Risk Hike. Newton, Paul // Utility Week;3/28/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p9
Credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) has warned utilities participating in Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) and Private Finance Initiative (PFI) projects to beware of increased risk. In a report released in the week before March 28, 2003, S&P said risk levels on such projects had...
- S&P Downgrades Thousands of MBS Deal to Default Level. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;2/16/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to downgrade thousands of residential mortgage-backed securities to default levels in the U.S. According to the article, most of the deals are in the alternative-A credit sector and affirms that others are put on watch. In addition, it...
- Survey explores post-default recovery levels. Drucker, Vanessa // Asset Securitization Report;3/13/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the outcomes of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s 2006 survey of post-default recovery levels in structured finance transactions in the United States. The study deals with cash flow characteristics and employs its original ratios to calculate loss severity and recovery rates. The...
- Bad, Late Card Debt Dipped in December. // American Banker;2/3/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 23, p5
Reports how uncollectible credit card loans were written off in December. The annual percentage rate, according to Standard & Poor's Corp.; Drop in loan balances that were past due by 30 days of more; What S&P's Credit Card Index is based on.
- GEO Defaults on Credit Facility. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;3/17/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p8
Reports that GEO Specialty Chemicals has defaulted on its 10.125% senior subordinated notes. Reason for the move; Decision of Standard & Poor's to lower the company's senior secured bank debt rating; Cause of the financial difficulties being experienced by GEO; Outstanding debt of the company...
- Markets Enter Era Of Private Equity Defaults. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;12/1/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the increase of private equity defaults in the U.S. and its impact on the economy. It focuses on the findings of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) on the condition of defaults in 2008 fiscal year. It provides suggestions on how to take advantage of these bonds. The S&P...