External Debt To Expand
- Could The Dubai Debt Bubble Burst? // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Mar2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
The article presents the economic outlook for the United Arab Emirates for 2009. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI), the country's external debt levels are widely sustainable in light of its rich reserves. However, macroeconomic outlook depicts that Dubai is vulnerable to a...
- Africa: External Debt -- Ghana Over Gabon. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/27/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p22
An outlook for Ghana and Gabon's external debt is presented. It expects further gains for Ghana and Gabon's external bonds over the short-medium term. There are considerable risks facing the external debt prospects for each country. The macroeconomic fundamentals of Ghana is also expected to be...
- Surging Short-term Foreign Debt: Diagnosis and Remedy. Park Hae-shik // Korea Focus;Winter2007, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p157
An excerpt from "Economic Perspectives of the Second Half of 2007," by the Korea Institute of Finance is presented.
- Seeing the forest. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov89, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p96
Examines the role of banking industry in the economic health of the country. Causes of high school dropouts; Function of international debtors; Solution on the increase of drug abuse.
- As safe as banks? // Accountancy;Aug1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1092, p1
Editorial. Comments on the banking problems of the U.S. and Great Britain in the 1980s. Difficulties of British secondary banks due to the collapse of the British property sector; Efforts by the International Monetary Fund to persuade Argentina to fulfill its loan commitments; Impact of Latin...
- Foreign Debt: the Case for Bank Regulation. Finch, David // IPA Review;Winter90, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p28
Proposes tighter regulation of banks as solution to Australia's problem on foreign debts. Why private borrowing matters; Justification for banking regulation; Option presented by fiscal policy.
- Pace Of Debt Accumulation To Moderate. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2010, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the economic outlook regarding the external debt condition in Slovakia in 2010 by Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. Accordingly to the forecast, the country's external debt will increase from 69.9 billion U.S. dollars in 2009 to 75.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2010....
- Bulgaria: Debtors Vulnerable To Monetary Tightening. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/11/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p14
The article provides an outlook on external debt load in Bulgaria's private sector through January 2010. Analysts' projection that the sector will begin reducing its external debt load in 2009 reportedly failed to materialise amid the improving liquidity which helped debtors backload the...
- Ukraine: Neutral On The US$ Global 13. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/25/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p15
The article presents a bullish view on Ukrainian external debt. The U.S.$Global 13 bond reached a yield of 16.00%. Further yield compression of the bond is not supported by technical picture. It expects stiff resistance to the Global 13 bond. It cites ongoing instability and uncertainty in the...