Massive US overhaul needed
- Global Outlook. Westervelt, Robert; Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;1/5/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p17
Forecasts the growth of the chemical industry in 2005. Estimated increase in the revenue of the industry in North America; Projected economic growth of the industry; Expected increase in capital spending.
- The Evolution of American Mass Transit. McCaffrey, Paul // Points of View: Reference Shelf- Transportation Infrastructure;Apr2014, p7
This article offers a critical guide to the controversial issues surrounding the development of mass transit in the U.S. The article discusses criteria in understanding the issue, such as distinguishing between fact and opinion and recognizing point and counterpoint arguments. Also presented are...
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Recent Developments. // Ireland Country Monitor;Feb2012, p8
The article reports on the capital investment-related developments in Ireland in 2011. It notes the declination of capital development by 20.9% between July and September. Meanwhile, the industrial production reduced by 9.5% month-on-month in November, particularly manufacturing, high technology...
- Outlook Bright for Chemical Industry in 2005. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/20/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 20, p4
The article reports that after a robust 2004, the chemical industry is poised for further gains in shipments and profits in the coming year. The global economic growth engine, led by the U.S. and China, is expected to continue chugging along and capital spending will likely rise this year for...
- An Evaluation of Ten Years of Federal Policy In Urban Mass Transportation. Smerk, George M. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Winter71, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p45
The article evaluates the U.S. federal policy in urban mass transportation. The Urban Mass Transportation Act of 1964 was the beginning of a relatively complete federal mass transit policy. Under this Act, the loans and demonstrations of the previous Act were continued. In addition, the federal...
- THE DYNAMIC DETERMINATION OF ECONOMICALLY EFFICIENT CAPITAL INVESTMENT AND NEW TECHNOLOGY. Jarkovsky, Vladimir // Eastern European Economics;Summer73, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p86
Explores an approach to develop the determination of economic efficiency. Methods of determining economic efficiency; Evaluation of the effectiveness of capital investment; Information on the computed interest in the dynamic calculations of economic efficiency.
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Recent Developments. // Singapore Country Monitor;Jan2012, p8
The article reports on the economic development in capital investment for Singapore in 2011, in which gross fixed investment experienced a 6.3% annual increase in the third quarter while capital expenditures in machinery and equipment expanded by 3.1% year-on-year (y/y) during the same period.
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Outlook. // Namibia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p7
The article reports on the implementation of the third National Development Program (NPD3) to promote public-sector investment initiatives within the industry in Namibia.
- Economic Growth: Capital Investment - Recent Developments. // Philippines Country Monitor;Mar2012, p8
The article offers information about the economic development in the Philippines in terms of capital investment, wherein the gross fixed-capital formation has remained to be weak, which only increase by an average of 3.4% from 2001-2010.