THE WEEK IN BRIEF
- Delivering the goods. Tirschwell, Peter // JoC Week;9/4/2001, Vol. 2 Issue 35, p4
Profiles E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. transport executive Inka Omholt, who is responsible for purchasing all international ocean, air and third-party logistics services for the chemicals and plastics firm. DuPont executives who have been leaders in the logistics field; Omholt's concern about...
- China Gets big in Some Export Markets. Hunter, David; Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;8/27/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 30, p30
Focuses on the expansion of China as a supplier of chemicals to world markets. Increase in the exports of chemicals from China to the U.S.; Factors behind the success of China's chemical industry; Details of the chemical purchasing of DuPont in China. INSET: Rhodia Taps Into China's Elemental...
- Revamped DuPont pledges to stay the course in fibers. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/29/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 82, p10
Reports that E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. is committed to all their operations, including fibers, according to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Charles O. Holliday Jr. Improvement projected for the polyester business; Interview with Eduard Van Wely after the meeting; Retention of the...
- DuPont Restructures Polyester Units. Tullo, Alex // Chemical Market Reporter;06/14/99, Vol. 255 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the move of E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Co. to restructure its polyester business. Downsizing of employees; Integration of its resins business; Focus of the company.
- DuPont recommends raising HCFC-123 AEL to 50ppm. // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p42
States that the Acceptable Exposure Limit (AEL) of hydrocholorfluorocarbon (HCFC)-123 be raised to 50 parts per million (ppm) by the DuPont Acceptable Exposure Limit Committee. What was the former rate of the AEL of HCFC-123; Reference to the Workplace Environmental Exposure Limit (WEEL);...
- `The Miracles of Science': The new motto of DuPont's greener and more profitable future. // Chemical Business;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on DuPont, a chemical company. Overview of the operations of DuPont; Achievements of the company; Efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from its operations; Safety measures implemented by the company.
- DuPont revamps chemicals and specialties with increasing focus on life sciences. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;04/13/98, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p1
Reports on E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s plans to focus on life sciences and realign its chemical and specialties businesses into three distinct groups. Units in the life sciences group; Impact of the moves to the company's management.
- DuPont to expand adipic acid. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/30/98, Vol. 253 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the plans of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s DuPont Nylon division to expand its adipic acid capacity in North America.
- DuPont studies opportunities for basic chemicals investment. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;3/27/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p20
Reports that DuPont's specialty chemicals unit is studying opportunities for its basic chemicals operations in Asia. Consideration of wholly owned or joint venture manufacturing and licensing; Sales of specialty chemicals unit in Asia and the Pacific.