QUOTES OF THE WEEK
- The Andrew French connection. Marcus, Stanley // Photo District News;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p84
Features photographer Andrew French of New York. Black-and-white work as strongest asset; Maintenance of consistency in photographs of varied subjects; Self-promotion project of French.
- Spooner/French. Cisterna, Fred // SHOOT;10/06/2000 Fall Edition Supplement, Vol. 41 Issue 40, p62
Profiles commercial directors Nick Spooner and Andrew French in New York. Account on the working method adopted by Spooner and French; Educational attainments and career highlights of the directors; Involvement of Spooner and French in the direction of advertisements for Homewarehouse.com.
- Clonal blastocysts are the real deal. // Australian Life Scientist;4/9/2008, p1
Andrew French's team at Stemagen in the US claims it has succeeded where all others have so far failed â€” producing the first cloned human embryo from an adult fibroblast using SCNT.
- Satellite signs Spooner/French. Kaufman // SHOOT;03/06/98, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p1
Reports that film directors Nick Spooner and Andrew French have signed with New York, New York-based Satellite Films. Work experience in the film-directing business; Music video and film credits; Responsibilities at Satellite Films.
- Spooner/French. Wallenstein, Andrew // SHOOT;10/18/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p51
Focuses on the work of a team of television commercial directors Andrew French and Nick Spooner for an advertisement campaign for automobile manufacturer Hyundai Motor Co. Projects handled by the team of directors; Use of humor in the advertisement; Efforts of the team for appropriate casting...
- Cloned human embryo 'may have generated stem cells'. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;1/26/2008, Vol. 197 Issue 2640, p9
The article reports that a cloned human embryo may have generated stem cells. Andrew French at Stemagen biotech firm stated that he has cloned human embryos using his own skin cells and him and his team have extracted and grown cells from these embryos. The author states that if the cells do...
- Quotes. // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p8
Presents quotations regarding various Asian issues. Includes that of a Vietnamese woman on why authorities allowed construction of houses on a Hanoi dike; Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir praising an Australian Broadcasting Corp. crew on their coverage of the recent elections; Deng Xiaoping on...
- Varieties of quotation. Cappelen, Herman; Lepore, Ernie // Mind;Jul97, Vol. 106 Issue 423, p429
Looks at the theory of quotation, focusing on the varieties of quotation. Description on the varieties; Belief that the theory of quotation should give a unified account of the varieties; Development of a unified theory of quotation based on a demonstrative theory.
- Mark my words...I mean what I say. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;05/18/98, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p33
Presents a number of quotes by various persons. Details on the remark on drinking and driving made by Municipal Court Judge Ralph H. Baldwin; Information on other quotes.