Effect of different angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors on mortality among elderly patients with congestive heart failure
- fosinopril. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p257
The article presents information on fosinopril. The drug is an ACE inhibitor and acts as a vasodilator. It can be used as an antihypertensive and as a congestive heart failure treatment often when other treatments cannot be used. It is frequently administered in conjunction with other classes of...
- A case report looking at ACE inhibitors as the cause of angioedema during dental treatment. Raval, P. // British Dental Journal;1/24/2014, Vol. 216 Issue 2, p73
Angiotensin converting enzymes, also known as ACE inhibitors are regularly prescribed by doctors in the treatment of congestive heart failure and hypertension. In this case report, we will be looking at the delayed onset of angioedema as a result of ACE inhibitors that occurred during dental...
- Choosing a first-line drug in the management of elevated blood pressure: What is the evidence? 3: Angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors. Wright, James M. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/08/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p293
Abstract Elevated blood pressure is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular illness and death. Efforts to reduce that risk have led to recommendations for a wide array of nondrug and drug therapies. Choosing the optimal first-line drug for hypertensive patients should address a...
- cilazapril. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p155
The article provides information on the drug cilazapril. Cilazapril is an ACE inhibitor. It is a powerful vasodilator that can be used as an antihypertensive, and in congestive heart failure treatment, often in conjunction with other classes of drug, particularly diuretic drugs. It is...
- Staril. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p508
This article presents information on the prescription drug Staril. Staril is a proprietary, prescription-only preparation for the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor fosinopril. It can be used as an antihypertensive and in congestive heart failure treatment, and is available as tablets.
- Tensopril. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p527
The article presents information on Tensopril, a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the ace inhibitor captopril. It can be used as an antihypertensive and in heart failure treatment, usually in conjunction with other classes of drug. It is available as tablets.
- Are Angiotensin-II Antagonists Effective in CHF Treatment? Miller, Karl E. // American Family Physician;10/15/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p1812
Presents an abstract of the study `Dose-related beneficial long-term hemodynamic and clinical efficacy of irbesartan in heart failure,' by E. P. Havranek et al., from April 1999 issue of the `Journal of American College Cardiology.'
- Success of a P&T policy for use of a second ACE inhibitor before switching to an ARB. // Formulary;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p97
Focuses on the use of ACE inhibitor therapy for treatment of congestive heart failure in Miami, Florida. Development of policy by Miami VA Medical Center's P & T Committee for the use of ACE inhibitors; Association of captopril and enlapril with highest incidence of cough; Use of Angiotensin II...
- Effects of ACE inhibitors in congestive heart failures. // American Family Physician;10/1/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p1506
Reports on a study from the May 10, 1995 issue of the `Journal of the American Medical Association,' by Garg and colleagues who reviewed a variety of studies that examined the effect of ACE inhibitors on morbidity and mortality from congestive heart failures. Reduction of deaths and...