Small firm internationalization through experiential learning: The moderating role of socialization tactics
- An integrative model of the role of knowledge in the internationalization process. Casillas, Jos� C.; Moreno, Ana M.; Acedo, Francisco J.; Gallego, Mar�a A.; Ramos, Encarnaci�n // Journal of World Business;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p311
Abstract: Knowledge is considered an essential resource in a companyï¿½s internationalization process, both from the sequential point of view and from the perspective of International Entrepreneurship. This paper proposes a model to integrate the influence of knowledge on international...
- Strange Bedfellows. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/18/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 28, p28
The article presents information on the development of mergers and acquisition (M&A) globally. The emergence of decidedly eclectic consortia has been one of the more interesting developments in M&A in recent years, and one rich with possibilities for the future. Strange bedfellows from around...
- An open field. // Accountancy;Aug1989, Vol. 104 Issue 1152, p9
The article discusses the position of medium firms in the middle market, in which medium firms will possibly be joining the Big Five if not of the very large number of clients they are afraid of losing. Allan Dyer identifies the long term cost factors that will put pressure on all firms to get...
- Does Multinationality Affect Profit Performance? An Empirical Study of US SMEs. Gongming Qian; Yang, Lloyd; Wang, Denis // Journal of General Management;Summer2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p37
Analyzes the relationship between the multinationality and profit performance of multinational firms. Business involvement of American small- and medium-sized firms in overseas markets; Measurement of multinationality; Effects of global competition; Aspects of global expansion.
- DIFFCULTIES IN THE PROCESS OF INCORPORATION AND AFFIRMATION OF SMALL AND MEDIUM - SIZED ENTERPRISES IN RURAL AREAS. Gaman, Virgil Laurenfiu // Metalurgia International;Feb2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p152
The incorporation and consolidation of small and medium - sized enterprises, together with the affirmation of transnational corporations, are the result of multiple causes, but mainly economic.
- Big Takeovers Dominate M&A Activity As Overall Pace Best Since 2007 Peak. CIARAN McEVOY // Investors Business Daily;9/30/2014, pA01
Corporate tax inversions and deals of all sizes â€” proposed and consummated â€” have pushed global mergers and acquisitions to levels not seen since 2007.
- Disclosure and choice of accounting policies: The case of crossï¿½border mergers. Aisbitt, Sally // Accounting Forum;Mar2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
The globalisation process has seen an increase in the number of crossï¿½border mergers of companies. Understanding of these companiesï¿½ financial statements will depend on a grasp of the accounting policies used. A case study approach has been adopted examining financial statements...
- Who Is Threatening Our Dinner Table? Yoon, Byeong-Seon // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Nov2006, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p56
The article focuses on the globalization of the agri-food system. Liberalization of the agriculture-food system is prevalent in both developed and developing countries. The phenomenon of agriculture specialization could be viewed in both regional and production units from the perspective of...
- Firms Focus On China. // Public Accounting Report;11/15/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p3
The article focuses on the rise of accounting firm activities in China. To oversee and coordinate the development of its five member firms in the country, BDO International BV has appointed Paul Neubelt as chairman of the BDO China Region. To strengthen its position in the country, Deloitte &...