Multinational investment and host country development: Location efficiencies for services offshoring
- 4 Cairo ranked in top five emerging cities for outsourcing. // Middle East;Jan2011, Issue 418, p11
The article reports that Cairo has ranked 4th as the most-established emerging outsourcing destination in the Top 100 Outsourcing Cities report conducted by Global Services-Tholons.
- Why India is mainly engaged in offshore service activities, while China is disproportionately engaged in manufacturing? LO, Chu-Ping; LIU, Bih Jane // China Economic Review (1043951X);Jun2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p236
Abstract: We extend the model of Antrï¿½s and Helpman (Antrï¿½s, P., Helpman, E., 2004. Global Sourcing. Journal of Political Economy 112(3), 552ï¿½580) by incorporating the merits of Zhang and Markusen (Zhang, K.H., Markusen, J.R., 1999. Vertical Multinationals and Host-country...
- Outsourcing Market Registers 7% Decline in 1Q 2009. // EmergingMarketsNOW;5/15/2009, p13
The article offers information on the decline in global outsourcing and offshoring market in the first quarter in 2009. According to a report published by Everest Research Institute, there was a 7% decline in the outsourcing activities. The report revealed that the annual contract value also...
- Listos para la segunda ola de deslocalizaciones. Ricart, Joan Enric; Agnese, Pablo // Revista de Antiguos Alumnos del IEEM;2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p69
No abstract available.
- MANAGING KNOWLEDGE RESOURCES IN OFFSHORE OUTSOURCING FIRM. Hamzah, Noradiva; Aman, Aini; Maelah, Ruhanita; Amirudin, Rozita // International Journal of Business & Social Science;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p100
The purpose of this paper is to investigate how offshoring outsourcing company manage its knowledge resources. This study involves in-depth open ended interviews and observations in an offshoring outsourcing support centre in Malaysia. The findings highlights that the firm studied emphasis on...
- Malta emerges as new nearshore contact center outsourcing destination. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses the emergence of Malta as the new nearshore contact center outsourcing destination for European companies. To exploit the opportunity, the country is positioning itself as a location that is able to provide multilingual services across verticals. It adds that the country's...
- Bias Due to Input Source Substitutions: Can It Be Measured? Diewert, W. Erwin; Nakamura, Alice O. // Survey of Current Business;Feb2011, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p237
A conference paper on the measurement of bias due to substitutions of input sources is presented. The authors discuss simplified cases to illustrate the rationale of their approach, and demonstrate how their measures are generalized. The study highlights the growth of outsourcing, and the...
- The name of the new game Americans will play is called 'Off shore'. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;3/29/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
In this article the author discusses the disadvantages of offshore outsourcing done by various organizations in the U.S. He states that due to offshore outsourcing the country is now experiencing fewer healthcare providers, poorer healthcare, and increase of unemployment. Also investigated are...
- Europe's About-Face On Offshoring. Theil, Stefan // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);1/18/2010 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 155 Issue 3, p13
The article discusses the decrease in outsourcing and offshoring by European businesses. The decrease is considered to be largely a result of the global economic crisis of 2008-2009.