FACTORS INFLUENCING DENISON UNIVERSITY STUDENTS' CHOICE OF COLLEGE, MAJOR, AND CAREER
- Whose Choice Is It, Anyway? Higgs, Liz Curtis // Campus Life;Aug2005, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the need for parents to allow their children to decide on what career and college to choose. Tendency of parents to get too involved in their children's selection of schools; Importance of trusting one's children when it comes to deciding their own future.
- Wasting Your Intelligence, Using Your Education: How a Discourse of Waste and Use Permeates Students' Discussions of Appropriate Post-College Choices. McAlpine, Teresa // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
Based on a grounded theory analysis of focus groups and interviews, this paper examines the ways 56 college seniors talk about work and career as they prepare to graduate. Specifically, the paper focuses on a discourse of waste and use that underlies students' understandings of what types of...
- Beyond high school: College and career guidance online. Chapman, Linda; DiBianco, Phyllis // Multimedia Schools;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p26
Looks at how the internet can help senior year students decide their future in colleges or careers. Online resources providing students with information on college sites and careers. INSET: College and career planning web sites..
- MATHEMATICS MAJORS' VIEWS ON ACADEMIC CURRICULUM AND CAREER DECISIONS. Piotrowski, Chris; Hemasinha, Rohan // College Student Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p353
With the increasing emphasis on college preparation in the sciences, there is a growing body of literature on the higher educational experiences of mathematics majors. Since the majority of this literature has been focused on the positive aspect of undergraduate training, the current study...
- Job shadowing for college students. Mariani, Matthew // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer98, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p46
Describes the job shadowing experiences of three college students in the United States. Kathryn Faust's job shadowing stint at a television station in Indianapolis, Indiana; Jeremy Rosner's job shadowing experience at a hospital in New Haven, Connecticut; Elaine Chen's job shadowing experience...
- Assessing and treating barriers to decision making in career classes. McAuliffe, Garrett J. // Career Development Quarterly;Sep91, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p82
Explores the possibilities for individualized assessment and treatment in career classes of college students. Targeting subgroups; Assessing individual differences; Implementing assessment in career classes.
- The Undecided Student: Effects of Combining Levels of Treatment Parameters on Career Certainty, Career Indecision, and Client Satisfaction. Jurgens, Jill C. // Career Development Quarterly;Mar2000, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p237
Presents information on a study which investigated the impact of a 4-phase combined intervention on outcomes of career certainty, career indecision and client satisfaction in undecided college students and compared it to a 2-phase intervention. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion...
- Survey and Contemplation on the Views of Contemporary College Students Regarding Employment Choice and Obtaining Employment. Huang Deping // Chinese Education & Society;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on the assignment system of higher education institution graduates. How graduates have a choice of employers
- The Black Collegian's annual career planning and job search chart. // Black Collegian;Oct94 1st Semester, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p46
Presents an annual career planning and job search chart for college students. Self-assessment and career planning activities during the freshman years; Career exploration and investigation activities during the sophomore years; Gaining of career experiences during the junior years; Actual job...