Verizon Zaps Analog Nets
- FCC votes to mandate data roaming contracts. Jerome, Sara // Hill;4/8/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p9
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has voted for a mandate requiring data roaming contracts between small and large mobile broadband providers, and the mandate will force the largest wireless companies, Verizon Communications Inc. and AT&T, to enter data...
- Verizon Fulfills the Checklist in Mass. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;04/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p38
Reports that the United States Federal Commission has voted to allow telecommunication firm Verizon Communications to provide consumer long-distance phone service in Massachusetts. Verizon's fulfillment of the market-opening competitive checklist contained in the Telecommunications Act of 1996;...
- Mass. Slowdown For Verizon FiOS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p18
The article focuses on data released by Massachusetts Department of Telecommunications and Cable (DTC) which discloses the slow down in the uptake of telecommunication service from Verizon Communication Inc. considering the near-end of its fiber optic services (FiOS) buildout.
- Tangled Net. Clark, Drew // National Journal;7/8/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p28
This article discusses the position of the telecommunication industry on a rule called network neutrality introduced by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in 2006. Some telecommunication companies, such as Verizon, are not in favor of the rule. The reasons for their opposition to network...
- the last mover advantage. Chen, Christine Y. // Fortune International (Europe);7/9/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on telecommunications company Verizon and its efforts to build a high-speed global network. Initial belief that Verizon was behind in the purchase of bandwidth; Plans of Verizon to build up an international network by buying fiber optic networks from other telecommunication companies...
- FiOS to upgrade widgets. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/20/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 14, p12A
The article reports on the plan of Verizon to extend its fiber optic service (FiOS) widgets to third-party developers in Long Island, New York. The widgets feature micro-blogging platform while watching a television show. It notes that one of the widgets is capable to update user profile in...
- Verizon completes installation of optical cable linking switching centers in lower Manhattan. // ATM/ Gigabit;Dec2012, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the completion of the installation of fiber optic cables linking switching centers in lower Manhattan, New York City by telecommunications company Verizon Communications Inc.
- Verizon Unhooks 30 Subs. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p18
The article reports that Verizon Communications will disconnect 30 of its fiber optic services or FiOS video customers in the village of Great Neck, New York. According to Verizon, the customers were erroneously connected in advance when the company was negotiating a franchise in the area....
- Verizon urges auction delay at 700 MHz. Forsgren Weaver, Heather // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the appeal of Verizon Wireless for the United States Federal Communications Commission to delay the auction of 700 MHz licenses. Reasons for the plea for the postponement of the auction; Implication of the approval of the request; Availability of the 700 MHz spectrum.