Rural News On Tap at RFD-TV
- Nick and the Power of Broadband. // CableFAX Daily;3/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p2
Provides information on the plan of cable television network Nickelodeon to invest in developing content for non-TV services as of March 10, 2006. Actions taken by the network to fulfill its plan; Background of the linear series developed by Nickelodeon; Number of TV series being developed by...
- Mainstreaming God. Domanick, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 37, p16
The article reports that religion television programmers in the U.S. are looking at new programming strategies that focus on mainstream approach to attract viewers and advertising. Programmers have adopted this new strategy because programmers rely on charitable giving for funding, which has...
- The media generation. Schley, Stewart // CED;Dec2005, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p12
The article focuses on the business strategy followed by cable operator to increase television audience. Despite the vast popularity of family TV programs, it didn't take long for network executives to discern that audiences could be cultivated in a different manner, effectively by dividing and...
- FX Touts Its Reach Advantage. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 8, p19
The article reports on the move of the cable television channel, FX Network LLC, to improve its reach advantage in the U.S. It states that the network ranks number two cable in the nation due to its technique of offering the audience with diverse programming, hit movies, and off-network...
- Visions of Hit Shows. Pendleton, Jennifer // Television Week;6/7/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p18
Reveals the programming plans of cable television networks in the U.S. for the 2004 summer season. Cable television programs that have performed well for the last summer season; Efforts of broadcast television networks to hold viewers' attention; Comment from Andy Dochin, director of national...
- 'Kings' off to Saturday exile. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;4/8/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the decision of NBC Television Network to transfer its TV drama "Kings" shown every Sunday to Saturdays in the U.S. The company plans to air two-hour editions of "Dateline NBC" in the 7-9 p.m. slot starting Sunday. Executives at NBC believes that the newsmagazine show will...
- RATINGS | March 22-28. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 15, p13
Provides information on the ratings of several syndicated television programs in the U.S. for the week of March 22 through 28, 2004.
- Reality programming's no savior for networks. Dunning, Chuck // Electronic Media;04/02/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p9
Argues that reliance alone on reality-based programming can be a fatal error on the part of United States television networks. Foundation of the strength of the network business; Impending danger of a writer's strike; Need for quality scripted-series programming.
- Syndies step into action. Pursell, Chris // Variety;03/13/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 4, p35
Discusses United States television networks' continuous showing of television programs in 2001. Successful returning action shows; Estimated foreign money guaranteed for a project; Idea for an action hour.