DISNEY GOES BACK TO 'SCHOOL'
- Will boys ditch toys for Disney cabler? Felankel, Daniel // Variety;2/9/2009, Vol. 413 Issue 12, p13
The author reports that Walt Disney Co. has launched Disney XD, a cable television network whose programs are targeted towards boys ages six to 14 years of age. The author states that the network will feature live action and adventure programming. Competition that the author feels the network...
- Mouse seeks bigger slice of India kid biz. Pearson, Bryan // Daily Variety;7/18/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the negotiation between Walt Disney Inc. and UTV for a 30 percent stake in India. The move of the company is intended to curb down the dominance of Time Warner Inc.'s Cartoon Network in the country. Currently, the company's market share is determined at 11 to 13 percent....
- ESPN may pull plug on Brit TV sports. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;2/7/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 23, p17
The article reports that Walt Disney Co. considers to exit Great Britain television (TV) sports broadcasting following the failure of ESPN to renew rights for Premier League soccer in 2013.
- TVA runs smoothly with help from Kaydara's mediastore. Beaudoin, Guy // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p102
Deals with the media-server system purchased by television network TVA. Features of the system; Tools included in the system; Applications of the media-server systems at TVA.
- Big brother is watching--TV. Aiken, L. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jun1992, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p5
Reveals the Pentagon has established its own television news network, Defense Intelligence Network, DIN, which broadcasts a top secret roundup of world events for an audience of about 1,000 defense intelligence and operations officers in the Pentagon and at 19 other US-based military commands. ...
- In the land of grits, a TV trend is born. Parker, Suzi // Christian Science Monitor;9/14/99, Vol. 91 Issue 202, p2
Offers information on the scheduled launch of Turner South, a regional television network.
- Telewizja Polska goes digital. // TVB Europe;Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the agreement of National Polish public broadcaster Telewizja Polska SA with Drake Automation and NDS to build a distribution system using digitally compressed television signals on a satellite transponder. Features of the transmitter sites; Location of the control system for...
- HTV in Brazil. Johnson, Debra; McCormick, Nicole // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p100
Reports on Spanish language television music network HTV's signing of a five-year agreement with STV Comunicacoes for carriage of HTV in Pelotas, Brazil.
- TWO APPS ARE BETTER AS ONE. G. W. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/4/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 41, p28
The article reports that CBS and other television (TV) networks are combining their second-screen applications as of November 4, 2013.