VISION AWARD NOMINEES
- Crystal ball also a hot potato. Whipp, Glenn // Daily Variety;6/20/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 54, pA6
The article focuses on honorees of the Broadcast Television Journalists Association's Critics' Choice Television Awards in 2011 including "Alcatraz," "Apartment 23," and "Terra Nova."
- DO THE RIGHT THING. Levine, Stuart // Variety;5/7/2012, Vol. 426 Issue 13, p51
The article focuses on the TV Academy Honors award presentation for television programs on May 2, 2012, focusing on remarks made by attendees Denis Leary and Ray Romano.
- 'Storm' gathers up BAFTA TV honor for Finney. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/15/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 12, p77
Albert Finney cook top honors at the BAFTA television awards, winning the best actor award for his portrayal of Prime Minister Winston Churchill in HBO/Scott Free/BBC Films production 'The Gathering Storm.' The BAFTA television ceremony, the highlight of the British TV calendar, took place...
- Int'l Emmys up for 'Dirty Tricks'. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/20/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the awards received by the murder mystery 'Dirty Tricks' in the annual International Emmy Awards in New York. Plot of the television program; List of the winners; Category of the awards.
- Lensers focus on TV awards contenders. McNary, Dave // Variety;01/29/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 10, p41
Reports on the television programs nominated by the American Society for Cinematographers for its 15th annual achievement awards at the Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, California on February 18, 2001. List of episodic television series nominees; Details on the nominees in the category of...
- Critics serve surfeit of kudocast remedies. Kronke, David // Daily Variety;8/10/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 26, pA7
The article discusses several recommendations to improve the award presentation of Emmy Awards. One has suggested to minimize time on montages and devote more to the nominated series and the winner's speeches. One has recommended that the TV Academy should exile more categories to the other...
- Complexities of TV's Top Kudos Explained. GRAY, TIM // Variety;6/4/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 5, p10
The article examines the procedures of the Emmy Awards for U.S. television broadcasting and television programs. Membership standards for voting on the awards are discussed. Voting for the programs and persons who are the final nominees is considered. The definition of a television mini-series...
- 'Are there any stars here? Or just English people?' a curious passer-by inquired at the Baftas. Millard, Rosie // New Statesman;4/21/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4634, p41
Reports on the proceedings of the TV Baftas, an awards presentation for British television. Proliferation of award presentations each year; Conduct of celebrities, reporters and fans at the event; Criticism of other ceremonies for being too formal and predictably orchestrated.
- The Televisual Bulldog Awards. // Televisual;Dec2013, p18
Several photographs of attendees and awardees enjoying drinks and posing in happy mood at the dinner gala at the hospital club in London, England sponsored by Televisual Bulldog Awards for television programs in June 2013 are presented .