N.Y. Must-Carry Battle Is Waged in Court
- Cablevision Challenges FCC on Program Access. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;9/28/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p36
The article reports on the challenge of Cablevision Systems Corp. to the five year renewal program-access rules of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. It notes that Cablevision Systems Corp. has argued that the same finding against the program-access rules on subscriber-cap...
- Must carry survives. MARTIN, HARRY C. // Broadcast Engineering;Jul2010, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on the decision of the Supreme Court not to hear the appeal of Cablevision System Corp. upholding a must-carry market ruling by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). The must-carry rules compel the cable companies to carry local stations in their markets for free....
- D.C Rematch for Fox, Cablevision. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p4
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has criticized the hearing on retransmission consent, since it has been calling on U.S. Congress of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to intervene in what it and other cable operators say is a broken system.
- Get In Retrans Game, FCC. Sohn, Gigi B. // Multichannel News;11/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p33
The article focuses on the opportunity for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to resolve the dispute between Fox Networks Group and Cablevision Systems Corp. by handling the retransmission rights in the U.S.
- END OF THE RAINBOW? Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;4/25/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 14, p5
Reports on the approval of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on New York-area cabler Cablevision's delay of the launching of its Rainbow DBS project until August 31, 2003. Reason for the approval; Alterations to the satellite's configuration which allows spot beam delivery of local...
- Cablevision Makes Case for Retrans Reform. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/30/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p28
The article reports on the arguments of the Cablevision System Corp. on the review of the retransmission-consent regime made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- BIRDS OF A FEATHER. McClintock, Pamela; Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;9/23/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 79, p6
Reports the launch of Rainbow DBS, a business venture proposed by Cablevision in the U.S. Merger of EchoStar and DirectTV; Provision of programming in the television market; Reviews made by the Federal Communication Commission on the proposed merger of EchoStar and DirectTV.
- Must-Carry Majority: At Least 6-3. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;5/24/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 21, p28
The article reports on the legal issues concerning Cablevision Systems' Corp. challenge of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) must-carry rules case wherein the U.S. Supreme Court has denied the cable operators' request.
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/31/93, Vol. 123 Issue 22, p8
Reports on Cablevision Systems' challenge to the Federal Communications Commission's must-carry regulations. Cablevision's petition asking that it not be required to carry five broadcast stations.