Planet Green Sprouts First Slate of Shows
- 20 Years of Discovery. // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, pC3
Highlights events related to the cable television network Discovery Channel (DC) that took place from 1985 to 2005. Launch of DC; Acquisition of the Learning Channel by Discovery Communications; Anniversary celebration of the network.
- Discovering new nets. Sutter, Mary // Variety;5/9/205, Vol. 398 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the decision of Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia to add television networks to its panregional portfolio of six pay television platforms. Launch of the television networks in Brazil; Target audience of Discovery Turbo; Other television companies that launched networks in Latin...
- Discovery grabs all of CBS' People cabler. Dempsey, John // Variety;01/04/99, Vol. 373 Issue 7, p59
Announces the acquisition of CBS Eye on People cablet network by Discovery Communications. Details on the deal; Statement from Don Mitzner, president of CBS Cable.
- Very Often, Crime Pays. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p48
The article reports on Discovery Communications' launch of Investigative Discovery as part of its investigative and forensics programming. The television network has decided to rebrand its documentary-based network Discovery Times Channel to make room for Investigative Discovery. The service...
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/15/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 16, p10
Presents developments on television broadcasting as of April 2002 in the U.S. Commitment of MSNBS cable television news channel to serve the public fairly; Decision of Discovery Networks Inc. to remove production credits on many shows in the cable networks owned by the company; Offer of the...
- Discovery erects roadblock. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;04/20/98, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p16
Focuses on the mega brand strategy of Discovery Communications and its programming for its four core services. Five cable networks to be sold by Discovery; Information on Discovery Channel's 1998 to 1999 schedule; Target audience of The Learning Channel.
- TVA runs smoothly with help from Kaydara's mediastore. Beaudoin, Guy // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p102
Deals with the media-server system purchased by television network TVA. Features of the system; Tools included in the system; Applications of the media-server systems at TVA.
- Big brother is watching--TV. Aiken, L. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jun1992, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p5
Reveals the Pentagon has established its own television news network, Defense Intelligence Network, DIN, which broadcasts a top secret roundup of world events for an audience of about 1,000 defense intelligence and operations officers in the Pentagon and at 19 other US-based military commands. ...
- In the land of grits, a TV trend is born. Parker, Suzi // Christian Science Monitor;9/14/99, Vol. 91 Issue 202, p2
Offers information on the scheduled launch of Turner South, a regional television network.