Tennessee Bill Would Broaden Broadband
- Competing bills compared. // America's Network;06/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p21
Compares Internet Freedom and Broadband Deployment Act of 2001 and Broadband Competition and Incentives Act of 2001, legislative bills on broadband communication system in the United States. Sponsors; Features.
- D Block reallocation bill might not be a slam dunk. Bischoff, Glenn // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;7/5/2011, p2
The article presents the author's view on the possible passage of the D Block legislation, a measure which calls for a national broadband network for public safety in the U.S. The author reveals the division of the Senate on the issue and the likelihood for President Barrack Obama to sign the...
- Bill to favor bells. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p41
Focuses on a legislative bill proposed by Representative Billy Tauzin to deregulate telephone companies to boost their competitiveness for broadband communication systems.
- Lawmakers to cities: Don't run telecoms. Mahon, Joe // Fedgazette;Mar2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the bill being sponsored by Legislators in Wisconsin which will restrict the establishment of public broadband service. Discussion on the need to conduct cost-benefit analysis for city governments planning to get into the broadband business; Application of the restrictions to...
- Pro-Cable Muni Bill Dies in Iowa. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/20/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p20
Reports on the failure of HF861, a bill that would have set specific guidelines for cities that wish to launch broadband operations, to pass in the Iowa Senate in May 2005. Reason for drafting the bill; List of organizations that support the bill; Reasons behind the rejection of the bill.
- How bad is U.S. broadband deployment? Bradner, Scott // Network World;10/20/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p23
The author reflects on the passing of the Broadband Data Improvement Act by the U.S. Congress. He asserts that the law aims at improving the quality of federal and state data about the availability and quality of broadband services. He argues that the law mandates useful ways to achieve the...
- You have the right to broadband. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Nov2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
The article presents the author's views regarding the move of Finish government in declaring broadband a legal right. According to the law, a maximum of 1 megabytes per second connectivity should be made available to everyone by 2010. The author mentions that the goal of the government is to...
- The FACT Act and its Effect on Franchising. Plave, Lee; Laidhold, Michael // Franchising World;Jun2004, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p76
Discusses the effect of the U.S. Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions (FAC) Act of 2003 on franchising. Provisions of FACT Act; Measures adapted by the FACT Act which is relevant to franchisors and franchisees; Action taken by U.S. states to regulate the use and dissemination of information in...
- U.S. House passes telecommunications bill. Valle Javier, Pedro // Caribbean Business;6/15/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p44
The article reports on the United States House's approval of a telecommunications bill that seeks to change the way cable television franchises are awarded. The bill would change the system from local franchises to nationwide franchises. The article reports on the debate over the issue between...