Pirate Shorthand An 'Arr'-t Form
- NDS, Dish Urged to Settle Up. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p3
The article focuses on the case taking place between Dish Network and News Corp. unit NDS Group. The case springs as the Dish Network accuses the Group of breaking through the security of its television service. U.S. District Court Judge David O. Carter, however, urges both parties to work out a...
- EchoStar Wins Piracy Case. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on a case litigated at the U.S. District Court in Santa Ana, California wherein the jury found NDS Group PLC liable for two counts of piracy of the conditional-access system of the satellite-TV provider Dish Network, formerly Echostar Communications. Accordingly, NDS was...
- The Good The Bad The Ugly. // Network World;10/31/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p6
Reports on developments on topics related to the computer industry in the U.S. Highlights of the Computer Security Day on November 30, 2005; Questions on the security and accuracy of electronic voting systems; Lawsuit filed by American Express Co. against Savvis Corp.
- Satellite TV providers sue Utah over higher taxes. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;12/29/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 40, p4
The article reports on the move of the television providers DIRECTV Inc. and DISH Network Corp. to sue the government in Utah for giving cable television (TV) companies a tax break that is not available to the satellite providers.
- Dish-AMC trial just warming up. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;9/21/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 58, p85
The article reports on the legal dispute between AMC Networks and Dish Network Corp., wherein AMC sued Dish for dropping a suite of high definition channels called Voom.
- Judge assails Dish's tactics. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/10/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 8, p3
The article offers information on Dish Network Corp., which has been accused of delay tactics in hope of a mistrial in its litigation with Cablevision System Corp. over its now-defunct Voom TV service.
- Dish Network. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/10/2014, pA02
The article reports on the legal action filed by Harbinger Capital against Dish Network for the alleged termination of the hedge fund's control over bankrupt wireless company LightSquared.
- An Enhanced Dynamic Mutual Authentication Scheme for Smart Card Based Networks. Baboo, S. Santhosh; Gokulraj, K. // International Journal of Computer Network & Information Security;May2012, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p30
Network security is the prevailing and challenging factor in computer communications. Computer security and communication security are interrelated and essential features in the internetworking system. Network security is ascertained by many factors like authentication, authorization, digital...
- A PASSWORD TO COMPUTER SECURITY. GOLDFARB, MICHAEL G. // Financial Executive;Jul/Aug1992, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p34
The article mentions how computers work as integrated networks, the vulnerability of computer systems to unauthorized access, and methods to improve computer security. The discussion focuses on balancing a security level in the company's overall internal control structure with the levels of...