How Auction Net Could Get an Edge
- 10 Things You Gotta Do to Play Like The Edge. DeMasi, Vincent // Guitar Player;Nov2008, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p116
The article discusses ten things a person needs to do to perform like U2's lead guitarist Dave "The Edge" Evans.
- GOOD WORKS. // Billboard;5/17/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 20, p109
This article focuses on the Icons of Music Sale II on May 31, 2008 at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York City. The auction benefits the musical instrument replacement fund Music Rising and will auction off music memorabilia. Music Rising was founded after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita by the band U2's...
- Mencap signs rock star. // Learning Disability Today;Jun2009, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p7
The article report on the selection of The Edge, guitarist of the rock band U2, as an ambassador for British charity Mencap. His responsibilities include helping the charity with fundraising, raising awareness and campaigning against discrimination. The Edge was chosen by Mencap after his...
- "Sunday Bloody Sunday.". Neal, Chris // Performing Songwriter;Jun2008, Vol. 15 Issue 110, p118
The article relates the story behind the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday," composed by U2. The Edge, the group's guitarist, recalled his feeling of abandonment in August 1982 when his bandmates left their native Ireland for Jamaica on the occasion of lead singer Bono's wedding. A fight with his...
- QUINN ALLMAN ON THE EDGE. Fasten, Emily // Guitar Player;Sep2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p176
Features Quinn Allman, guitarist of rock band the Used. Remarks from Allman on guitarist the Edge; Lesson learned by Allman from the Edge; Importance of dynamics to music.
- Toronto Films Fest offers invigorating rockumentary 'It Might Get Loud'. Calleri, Michael // Niagara Falls Reporter;9/16/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p8
The article focuses on the Toronto Film Festival in Toronto, Ontario. According to the author, film festivals are primarily about movies however, with the appearance of three guitar players representing three different generations to promote their movie "It Might Get Loud," was unique. The film...
- OEUVRE EASY U2. DeMasi, Vincent // Guitar Player;Jan2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p46
The article presents information on the new compositional language for guitar invented by music band U2's member the Edge.
- U2S GROUND CONTROL. Fox, Brian // Bass Player;Jan2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p35
The article presents an interview with Adam Clayton, bass guitarist for the U2 rock band. He claims that the group prefers faster tempos for their shows. Clayton emphasizes the significance of emotional state in the outcome of his performance. He relies on notes and muscle memory in playing...
- The Secret of My Success. // Guitar Player;Nov2013, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p28
No abstract available.