- Optics advances boost bandwidth. Dawson // Multichannel News;12/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p61
Reports on cable television industry's search for more bandwidth in the United States. Efforts to maximize broadband advantage over digital subscriber line; Growth of high bandwidth applications.
- Cable's Big Dilemma: Managing Bandwidth. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p8
Reports the problem of television bandwidth compression for the cable television networks in the United States. Cause of the problem; Plans to monitor video-on-demand usage patterns; Estimation of possible number of consumers.
- Mapping out business success. Kaplan, Chuck // CED;Mar2006, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p46
The article presents the author's views on how cable operators can get their arms around the plant requirements for cable-based business services. As the cable industry directs their increasing attention to the sizeable opportunity presented by business services, a detailed understanding of...
- Multiplexing. Cugnini, Aldo // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Dec2010, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p16
The article discusses the complexities of combining multiple digital signals into a single mainstream in the U.S. television broadcasting industry. It stresses the practicality of such method to reduce costs by multiplexing various programs such as video, audio and data into one logical signal...
- TV demodulator tuned for low power handhelds. // Electronics Weekly;9/14/2005, Issue 2209, p44
The article reports that Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. has launched a terrestrial demodulator for PC TV and handheld digital television applications. The ZL10355 device is designed for small size and low power as well as an extended temperature range suitable for mobile DTV. The demodulator fully...
- Coming Next: 3D TV over DVB-T2! Pinson, Eric // TVB Europe;Sep2010, p32
The article discusses the benefits of the second generation of the terrestrial digital television (TV) standard, known as DVB-T2. Through DVB-T2, three dimensional television (3DTV) services can be carried over terrestrial networks. At least three 3DTV services can be broadcast in a DVB-T2...
- Cable bandwidth on the run. Samuels, Brad // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p9
Comments on bandwidth management on the cable television industry in New York, New York. Marketing strategies used by cable operators; Revenue earned by operators on bandwidth; Evolution of the cable business.
- Don't Let HDTV Follow in DTV's Footsteps. Kirschner, Suzanne Kantra // Popular Science;Oct2002, Vol. 261 Issue 4, p30
Suggests solutions to the pitfalls from the conversion to all-digital programming in the U.S. Example set by digital television; Consideration of bandwidth; Digitalization of the analog signal.
- Embedding high-speed data in analog signals. Ciciora, Walter; Dukes, Stephen; Hoarty, W. Leo; Hartson, Ted // CED;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p92
Focuses on the efficient use of NTSC bandwidth in the United States. Accommodation of existing NTSC devices; Data detection with high signal-to-nose ratio; Applications of NTSC signals.