NDS, Dish Urged to Settle Up
- Dish Network Lowers the Boom on Voom. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p30
The article reports on the dispute between Voom HD and its satellite-TV provider Dish Network Corp. in the U.S. It states that Voom tried to get a preliminary injunction against Dish from dropping its 15 channels of the HD suite. In the lawsuit that Voom filed, Dish was alleged to have violated...
- Pirate Shorthand An 'Arr'-t Form. Gibbons, Kent; Spangler, Todd; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that the case involving Dish Network and NDS Group over compromised smart cards may bring up issues as to how security is developed and decoded. The case has already revealed that 3M is a label for coding that will hack a system for which one has legitimately bought one,...
- Ergen Hikes in Himalayas as Fox Talks Go On. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p29
The article reports on the move of chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen of Dish Network Corp. to take a hiking vacation in Himalayas, Nepal despite the company's dispute with Fox Cable Networks Services LLC.
- FOUR OF A KIND. // Total Telecom+;Oct2014, p23
The article talks about direct-broadcast and satellite service provider Dish Network, its chairman and co-founder Charlie Ergen, and Dish's plans for a video streaming service, establishing a mobile presence with telecommunications company T-Mobile U.S., and the AWS-3 spectrum auction.
- Ergen, Clayton Get Pay Hikes. // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p23
The article reports on the 20% wage hike received by Englewood, California-based Dish Network Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen.
- EchoStar Wins Piracy Case. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on a case litigated at the U.S. District Court in Santa Ana, California wherein the jury found NDS Group PLC liable for two counts of piracy of the conditional-access system of the satellite-TV provider Dish Network, formerly Echostar Communications. Accordingly, NDS was...
- Digital intuition. Amy, Cosper // Satellite Communications;Jan1998, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
Presents an interview with Abe Peled, chief executive officer at News Digital Systems company. Digital video standards; Cross compatibility of set-top boxes; Implications of the shift to digital to the broadcasting industry and to consumers; Role of Internet delivery on the company's plans.
- Dish's Ergen Took Pay Cut in '10. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p26
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. chairman Charlie Ergen and his executives saw large cuts in their total salary in 2010 as the company continued to suffer from customer losses.
- Keeping Competition Alive. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p31
The article offers information on the conservation of the competition for telecom industry and television (TV) consumers like the Dish Network Corp., founded by Charlie Ergen and DirectTV Inc., planned to merge in 2001 but was rejected, and the Verizon Communications Inc., and AT&T Inc.