Buy the People, for the People
- Shreveport, La. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the state of the television advertising industry in Shreveport, Louisiana as of January 8, 2001. Growth in the local television broadcasting industry; Factors attributing to the growth in such industry sector; Market performance of various industry players.
- TV airtime cost falls to lowest rate since 1997. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;2/14/2003, Issue 7, p2
Reports on the decline in the cost of commercial television airtime. Reason behind the decline in the cost; Percentage decrease in the revenue of television station ITV1; Television deflation for some audiences since 1997.
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;3/22/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p3
The article presents information on television advertising including national television, cable television and local broadcasting.
- Macon, Ga. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p12
Reports on television advertising in Macon, Georgia. Top advertising categories in Macon; Projected 2001 television advertising revenue; Number of television and cable networks operating in Macon.
- Admen take heart: you can beat the skipping. de Burca, Clara // Marketing Week;11/20/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p15
Discusses the concerns of British television advertisers over the emergence of personal video recorders such as TiVo and Sky+. Demand for the technology; Implications for the advertising industry.
- Blurb slump squeezes Argentina. Paxman, Andrew; Goyoaga, Beatriz // Variety;6/26/95, Vol. 359 Issue 9, p30
Reports on the advertising slump affecting the television industry in Argentina. Drop in revenue; Reconsideration of production budgets; Factors responsible for slump.
- Beyond TV advertising. Jones, Ken // TVB Europe;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p14
Reports on how advertising has changed television broadcasting as discussed in the 2001 Broadcast Content Management conference. Tips in advertising.
- TV's upfront. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;5/12/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 19, pS1
Discusses the 1997 television upfront marketplace for advertising. The importance of the clout of media buying units; The success of TeleVest; The alliance of J. Walter Thompson Co. and Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide; The concerns of Carat International's interest in American markets; The amount of...
- Subtle as a bulldozer. Shoebridge, Neil // BRW;6/5/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p65
Comments on the placement of products in television programs and movies in Australia. Presence of Fanta softdrinks on Ten Network's 'Big Brother 3'; Marketers' need to remember that most people are extremely cynical about advertising and very aware of the tricks used to promote products.