Buy the People, for the People
- Blurb slump squeezes Argentina. Paxman, Andrew; Goyoaga, Beatriz // Variety;6/26/95, Vol. 359 Issue 9, p30
Reports on the advertising slump affecting the television industry in Argentina. Drop in revenue; Reconsideration of production budgets; Factors responsible for slump.
- Beyond TV advertising. Jones, Ken // TVB Europe;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p14
Reports on how advertising has changed television broadcasting as discussed in the 2001 Broadcast Content Management conference. Tips in advertising.
- TV's upfront. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;5/12/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 19, pS1
Discusses the 1997 television upfront marketplace for advertising. The importance of the clout of media buying units; The success of TeleVest; The alliance of J. Walter Thompson Co. and Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide; The concerns of Carat International's interest in American markets; The amount of...
- Subtle as a bulldozer. Shoebridge, Neil // BRW;6/5/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p65
Comments on the placement of products in television programs and movies in Australia. Presence of Fanta softdrinks on Ten Network's 'Big Brother 3'; Marketers' need to remember that most people are extremely cynical about advertising and very aware of the tricks used to promote products.
- Virginia candidates squeezed out of ad time. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 43, p19
Focuses on the effort of gubernatorial candidates in Virginia to force broadcasters out of advertising time. Inability of television stations to run all the advertisements planned between October 13 and November 4, 1997; Minimum and maximum price for an advertisement.
- Information overload. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;10/10/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p22
Discusses the excessive cluster of primetime television advertisements in Puerto Rico. Negative impact of excessive advertisement cluster; Average nonprogramming minutes per hour of Televicentro and Telemundo; Reasons for the prevalence of advertising clusters; Hesitation of networks to reduce...
- Kansas City, Mo. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p14
Reports on television advertising in Kansas City, Missouri. Television revenues in 1999; Projected increase of television revenues in 2000.
- Charleston/Huntington, W.Va. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p16
Focuses on the local television advertising market in Charleston, West Virginia. Increase in television advertising revenues in 1999; Most popular ad categories; Marketing strategies of local television stations.
- Hartford/New Haven, Conn. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;08/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p16
Spotlights the Hartford and New Haven, Connecticut, television advertising market. Consolidation in the industry in the years prior to 2000; Projected growth for the year 2000; Television revenues in 1999; Popularity of newscasts among advertisers.