To: ALL USERS, Copy: ALL USERS
- BEST PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. Sakoda, Jon // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Jul2005, p40
This article focuses on the integration of instant messaging (IM) in business practices in 2005. It is a very powerful communications medium, but it is also a security threat that too often circumvents standard e-mail and Web safety nets. Converting IM into an invaluable business tool means...
- Out of the Office or Just Out of Touch? Gitomer, Jeffrey // njbiz;6/25/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p15
The author gives advice on sending business e-mails to clients. He stresses that auto-reply and spam-blocking in businesses should be avoided. Aside from being rude and stupid, he says that this method might drive away customers or potential deals. He suggests the use the latest technology like...
- The Spam Stops Here. D.J. // Working Mother;May2000, p30
Answers queries about spam. How to keep email inbox junk free; Ending unsolicited email messages.
- Spam 102. Oriez, Charles // Information Executive;Jan2000, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p3
Presents tactics on how to prevent customers from spamming electronic mail messages. Responsibility of the internet service providers; Basics of complaining about spam; The spam fighting tools.
- Oh, those spam filters. McNamara, Paul // Network World;6/2/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p74
Focuses on spam filtering. Description of the filtering schemes of vendors; Growth of the problems related to spam; Effectiveness of the different spam filtering schemes.
- Can-Spam. // IT Professional;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p59
Reports on the Can-Spam Act of 2003's establishment of a national standards for the sending of commercial e-mail in the U.S.
- SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, LOVELY SPAM. Hayes, Brian // American Scientist;May2003, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p200
Discusses issues related to spam electronic mail (e-mail) messages. Origin of the term; Actions of the private and governmental agencies against spam e-mail; Economic implications.
- Lost in translation. Wellner, Alison Stein // Inc.;Sep2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p37
Focuses on the use of electronic mail and text-based communicating in business management. Implications of electronic mail on business relationships; Disadvantages of electronic mails and text-based communication in business management; Benefits of face-to-face communications. INSET: All...
- Add it up. // CRN;4/4/2005, Issue 1140, p31
The article focuses on a public opinion poll. It asks whether instant messaging surpass e-mail as the preferred form of business communication within people's organization at some point in the future.