STEAL THIS IDEA
- What makes a "Best Onsite Concept"? // Food Management;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p21
Solicits nominations for the Food Management's Best Onsite Concepts competition in the U.S. Contest requirements; Submission deadline; Contact information.
- Looking for a Few Good Employees. Holman, Lee // Hospitality Upgrade;Summer2005, p138
Looks into the issues involved in managing employees in restaurants. Increase in labor costs; Lack of workforce loyalty and professionalism; Problem of scheduling employees during busy hours.
- Contract segment endorses ecofriendly business practices. Boss, Donna // Nation's Restaurant News;6/25/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p40
The article reflects on the author's insights concerning the adoption of foodservice industry with the ecofriendly business practices in the U.S. The author stresses that foodservice providers who have chosen to embrace more ecofriendly business practices already grasp the enormity of the...
- Inspiring better teamwork. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p83
The author discusses teambuilding and teamwork in the food service industry. Topics discussed include his and his family's involvement in food service and a list of some of his favorite food service mantras on working together including people first and employees second, the value of a strong...
- Strategy Clinic. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/3/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4436, p43
The article answers a question regarding how a food service manager can ensure that performance standards are maintained by his employees at all times. There are three keys to maintaining high standards in food outlets: Define standards in writing and make sure they are clearly communicated to...
- The Contest Depot. // Food Management;Aug2008, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p68
The article presents several interesting and fun contests related to food management in the U.S. The contests include the Idaho Potato HappyHour Recipe Contest, A.1 SELLebration of Steak and the Grant from Hobart Center for Foodservice Sustainability. Prizes include money and other cookery...
- RENÃ‰E KINSCH HAD HER BICYCLING "FINGERS CROSSED.". // Media Industry Newsletter;8/6/2007, Vol. 60 Issue 31, p10
A quiz about a New York-based OMD associate print director in her entry to the July 16,2007 Bicycling contest of "Media Industry Newsletter."
- EB Court wins at national level. // East Bernard Express (TX);9/6/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 36, p10
The article reports that the newsletter of St. Bernard Court No. 1108 in East Bernard, Texas has won first place in the national level.
- Untitled. // East Bernard Express (TX);7/31/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p2
A photograph of a recipient of the National Catholic Daughters of the Americas Local Court Newsletter Competition is presented.