- Extracurricular activities: The afterschool connection. Lawhorn, Bill // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Winter2008, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on the extracurricular activities that have been available at high schools and colleges in the U.S. It explores the benefits gained by the students who participated in extracurricular activities including skills development as well as academic performance improvement. These...
- Service with a Star. Herrmann, Michele // University Business;Aug2007, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p46
The article features U.S. institutions that have successful college dining services. Pulse on Dining premiered by Ohio Wesleyan University at its student cafeteria caused the attendance in the cafeteria to nearly triple, from 630 customers throughout one period in 2006, to more than 1,900 in...
- GREEN MENUS. Shufro, Cathy // E: The Environmental Magazine;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the growth of sustainable dining program at several university cafeterias in the U.S. Factors that prompted college cafeterias to offer sustainable food; Advantages of the program to local economy; Obstacle faced by sustainable dining program at Yale University in New Haven,...
- TOP 10 TIPS ADVISING EXCELLENT CLUBS, STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS. Bircher, Lisa S. // New Teacher Advocate;Spring2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the top 10 tips on advising excellent clubs and student organizations. It provides suggestions on working with administrators, determining the club's mission, selecting strong club officers and incorporating community service. Tips are also provided on simplifying...
- Mixed Greens. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/23/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 131, p10
The article offers information on the Summer Solstice dinner that was held on June 21, 2010 to raise funds for the edible schoolyard project, an initiative by chef Alice Waters to plant vegetable gardens at public schools. The guests included Maggie Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard, and Kate Spade....
- C-CAP Tops $2,000,000 Mark. // Restaurant Hospitality;May2006, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p46
The article highlights the Careers Through Culinary Arts (C-CAP): A Preview of Spring Dining tasting event in New York City in 2006. It raised $588,000 to aid inner-city high school students with training, scholarships and jobs in the restaurant sector. The event showcased the offerings of 40...
- SENSE OF PLACE:Campus Groundbreakings. Ezarik, Melissa // University Business;Apr2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p15
The article informs about several educational institutions built by several universities across the U.S. including the University of Wyoming in partnership with the Casper College, the Benedictine University and the Liberty University.
- Fine Dining. Hyde, Samantha // Saint Charles Avenue;May2011, p32
The article reports on the Taste of Town fine dining event benefiting The Patrons of Lafreniere Park, Louisiana Restaurant Association Educations Foundation and culinary education held on March 25, 2011 at Lafreniere Park Pavilion in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Gala fundraiser set for April. Lustry, Terry // Alberta Sweetgrass;Feb2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p7
Details the fundraising banquet and gala by the Organizers of the Canadian National Powwow in Edmonton, Alberta. Proceeds of the funds; Venue of the event; Registration fee for dancers.