- Fine dining seeks bigger audience as upscale food serves up novel flavors, accessibility. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;1/12/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the changes in the trend of fine dining in the U.S. Use of top-quality ingredients; Improvements made to the atmosphere and services; Addition of flavors to existing dishes.
- The State of the Plate 2008. // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
This article discusses the results of the 2008 Menu Development Survey conducted by the journal "Food Service Director." The survey indicated that the depth and breadth of ethnic foods is having a major impact on most operators' menu planning. It also found that display cooking stations have...
- River North branch of a Mexican favorite. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;7/15/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p49
Features Lalo's, a Mexican restaurant in Chicago, Illinois. Ambiance of the dining establishment; Menu design; Food quality.
- Signs of the times: Operators embrace functional menu systems. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
Reports that foodservice operators in the United States have turned toward in-store sign systems that are flexible, functional and more affordable than traditional back-lit menu boards. Importance of menu boards and ancillary signs; Information on menu boards of some restaurants; Important menu...
- HAPPIER MEALS. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;3/12/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p88
Presents advice to restaurateurs for preparation of attractive menu list according to preferences of children. Menu items for youngest customers at New York City's Guastavino's; Emphasis on flavors for food prepared specially for children; Food items preferred by kids. INSET: More than Child's...
- NEWS DIGEST. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/22/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p22
Reports developments related to the food service industry in the U.S. as of September 22, 2003. Presentation of contemporary Japanese food at Wildfish restaurant; Opening of a 28-seat restaurant at Mojo; Offering of traditional French cuisine at Brasserie Rouge.
- Jack's Oyster House. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p152
Features the Jack's Oyster House in Albany, New York. Provision of venue for American cuisine; Menu design; Enhancement of customer services; Interior decoration of the restaurant.
- Nobu. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p156
Features the Nobu, a fine-dining restaurant in New York. Provision of venue for contemporary global cuisine; Menu design; Enhancement of customer services; Web site; Interior decoration.
- Menu pricing in 2000: Caution is the wave of the present. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/31/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p47
Presents an excerpt of a foodservice panel discussion on menu pricing at the 2000 Foodservice Financial Forum in Chicago, Illinois. Increase in check averages at Darden's restaurants; Applebee's cautious stance on the issue of across-the-board pricing; Association of Apple bagel's prices to...