There Will Be C-stores
- Snacking between classes a matter of convenience. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;4/18/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p30
The article informs that Pearce Hall, on the campus of Central Michigan University, is more than a simple classroom building. It also is a major thoroughfare, used as a shortcut for students coming from a nearby parking lot on their way to other buildings. For that reason, Pearce became the...
- Minimum wage rise threatens staff jobs. Fortune, Aidan // Convenience Store;10/14/2011, p3
The article reports that convenience store owners in Great Britain have been adversely affected by the October 2011 increase in the national minimum wage (NMW) and that many retailers may have to reduce staff hours to remain profitable.
- New market to open in Warehouse Dist. Gomez, Henry // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p6
A Cleveland, Ohio convenience store owner will lease more than 9,000 square feet in the Warehouse District with hopes of offering groceries and freshly prepared food to downtown workers. The store is part of the building's $80 million conversion to apartment and retail space. Costas...
- National. // Convenience Store News for the Single Store Owner;Dec2014, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p8
The article offers information on the 2014 (NACS) Association for Convenience and Fuel Retailing Show that was held in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 7-10, 2014.
- A big ORportunity or looming threat? Parfeti, Steve // Wholesale News;Sep2011, Issue 9, p16
The author reflects on the possible threats and opportunities that may arise from a period during which convenience is an exciting field of food retailing which he is experiencing while in his carrer in the grocery trade.
- ACS: coming weeks will define retail landscape. Halliwell, James // Grocer;2/19/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 7993, p8
The article reports on the claim by the Association of Convenience Stores (ACS) in February 2011 that the decisions made by the British government over the next six weeks will define the retail landscape and shape communities for the next 10 years.
- The Grocer hunts for world's best grocers. // Grocer;1/26/2013, p9
The article reports on the move by the journal to search for the 50 Best Grocers in the World in 2013 in five categories, including supermarkets, convenience chains and food emporia.
- The Grocery Challenge. Jenkins, Richard // Convenience Store News;09/25/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p47
Focuses on the grocery challenge for United States convenience stores. Important role as fill-in destinations for grocery shoppers; Factors for convenience stores' success in the grocery category; Examples of some convenience stores.
- Talking 'Bout My Generation. MORRISON, MITCH // CSP;Feb2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p12
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the article on the new emerging leaders in the convenience store industry.