new contract scoreboard
- How Can a Ratings-based Method for Assessing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Provide an Incentive to Firms Excluded from Socially Responsible Investment Indices to Invest in CSR? Adam, Avshalom; Shavit, Tal // Journal of Business Ethics;Nov2008, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p899
Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) indices play a major role in the stock markets. A connection between doing good and doing well in business is implied. Leading indices, such as the Domini Social Index and others, exemplify the movement toward investing in socially responsible corporations....
- KEEPING GOOD COMPANY IN TOUGH TIMES. Mehta, Stephanie N. // Fortune International (Asia);11/24/2008, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p2
The article highlights the results of the 2008 Accountability Rating, a measure of companies' efforts to be accountable, and the impact that they are making. Fortune and AccountAbility have partnered to measure the commitment of the world's 100 largest companies to social and environmental...
- Notes. // Fortune International (Asia);7/20/2009, Vol. 160 Issue 2, pF-8
The article offers definitions and explanations related to the Global 500, the annual ranking of the world's biggest companies in terms of revenues from "Fortune." all of the companies included in the Global 500 have published their financial data and report part or all of their financial...
- CR Magazine Announces 100 Best Corporate Citizens List. // Sustainable Brands Weekly;3/18/2010, p3
The article reports that Corporate Responsibility Magazine (CRM) has released its 11th annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens List, which is considered as one of America's three most important business rankings.
- AN EXAMINATION OF FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE AND RISK OF ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY 'GREEN' COMPANIES. Blazovich, Janell L.; Smith, Katherine Taken; Smith, L. Murphy // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Oct2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
Research on environmental matters is interdisciplinary, involving business, history, sociology, and science. Taking care of the environment has long been an important issue, going back to ancient times. As part of corporate social responsibility, companies are expected to safeguard the physical...
- Do socially responsible business practices influence the value of your company? Research says yes. Smith, Katherine V. // Voice of Corporate Citizenship;Mar2014, p6
The article looks at a study published by The Conference Board that evaluated 1,000 companies from 2008 to 2012 based on ratings from CSRHub.com and Brand Finance's Brand Strength Index, which uncovered a positive correlation between corporate financial performance, brand value and corporate...
- Schein ranks tops in social responsibility. // Proofs;Jun2011, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p45
The article reports that the dental company Henry Schein Inc. has obtained the top rank in the categories of Social Responsibility and Global Competitiveness in the list of World's Most Admired Companies released by "Fortune" magazine in 2011.
- Fair-trade ranking enhances indie's offering. // Cabinet Maker;10/3/2014, Issue 5903, p4
The article reports that Myakka Ltd., a fair trade furniture retailer in Wincanton, England, has topped the furniture research by Ethical Company Organisation (ECO), an organisation that rates ethical and corporate social responsibility records of a company.
- NOTES. // Fortune;8/7/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 3, pF-11
The article provides information on the guidelines used by "Fortune" magazine in selecting the top 500 companies worldwide. According to the author, data are collected by instructing all companies to publish and report their attained revenue and profit to government agencies. Aside from their...