TITLE

TALK OF NESTL INTEREST LIFTS L'ORAL SHARES

AUTHOR(S)
Groves, Ellen
PUB. DATE
April 2008
SOURCE
WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/7/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 74, p4
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the increase in shares of Nestlé after market speculation that the company could buy out L'Oreal. The speculation intensified after announcement that Nestlé will sell a 24.85 percent stake in its Alcon eye care business to health care company Novartis. According to a Nestlé spokesman, rumors of its interest in taking over L'Oreal are just speculation. Terms of the shareholder agreement between Nestlé and L'Oreal are cited.
ACCESSION #
31723229

 

Related Articles

  • Nestlé Reduces Stake In L'oréal To 23.3%.  // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/12/2014, Vol. 207 Issue 31, p1 

    The article discusses the February 2014 announcement of a transaction in which the beauty company L'Oréal will buy 48.5 million of its shares from the food and beverage company Nestlé, funding the deal by selling Nestlé its 50 percent holding in the dermatology pharmaceuticals company...

  • Alcon's Irvine Operations Embrace Swiss Handover. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;8/11/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p1 

    The article reports on the ownership change undergone by eye device and drug maker Alcon Inc. in Irvine, California. Drug maker Novartis AG took a 25% stake in Alcon from majority owner Nestlé SA and is expected to buy Nestlé's remaining 52% stake for about $28 billion by 2011. Kenneth...

  • Acquisitions Boost Sales Growth for Alcon in Q3 Fiscal Quarter.  // Vision Monday;11/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p058 

    This article reports on the 9.0% growth in the global sales of Alcon Inc. during the third quarter of 2010. The growth can be attributed to revenue from acquisitions. Particular focus is given to the decline in the firm's third-quarter net earnings. In the U.S., the firm's sales increased by...

  • Novartis to close deal for full ownership of Alcon.  // Chain Drug Review;4/5/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p31 

    The article reports that Novartis AG will gain full ownership of Alcon Inc. in New York City after completing the agreement with Nestlé SA to acquire a 77% majority stake of Alcon and entering into an all-share direct merger for the remaining 23%.

  • NESTLÉ SHARES.  // Grocer;2/15/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8142, p9 

    The article discusses the stock and sales performance of Swiss food company Nestlé following its decision to sell its 8 percent stake in French cosmetics firm L'Oréal back to the company in February 2014.

  • Novartis becomes Alcon's majority owner. Webb, Jennifer A. // Ophthalmology Times;9/15/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p1 

    The article reports on the 28.3 billion dollars acquisition of Nestle S.A.'s shares of Alcon Inc. by Novartis AG in Huenenberg, Switzerland. It states that the agreement requires the resignation of five designated members of Nestle from Alcon's board of directors. It notes that Thomas G....

  • Novartis, Alcon, finally resolve price issue for minority shares. PEDERSEN, AMANDA // Medical Device Daily;12/16/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 243, p1 

    The article reports on the agreement reached by Novartis and Alcon in December 2010 for the acquisition by the former of the remaining 23% of Alcon shares for 168 U.S. dollars a share. The other buyout deals entered by Novartis with Nestlé in 2008 and in August 2009 are briefly cited. The...

  • Novartis Completes $28.3 B Purchase From Nestle of Majority Interest in Alcon.  // Vision Monday;9/6/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p008 

    The article reports that Switzerland-based Novartis AG has acquired Nestle SA's shares in Alcon Inc., a global leader in ophthalmology which is led by its chief executive officer (CEO) and president Kevin Buehler.

  • Ownership Of L'Oréal Raises Question. Weil, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/13/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 124, p14 

    The article examines the possibility of the acquisition of L'Oréal SA by food company Nestlé SA in 2009. Reportedly, Nestlé has a 28.9% stake in the cosmetics company and its 30% shares are owned by Liliane Bettencourt, daughter of the L'Oréal founder Eugene Schueller. The...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics