INTEGRATING INTERACTIVE THEATER SYSTEMS INTO PRESCHOOLS PLAY AREAS
- OBSTï¿½CULOS PERCIBIDOS PARA LA INTEGRACIï¿½N DE LAS TIC POR LOS PROFESORES DE INFANTIL Y PRIMARIA EN EXTREMADURA. Casquero, Gerardo Barrantes; Garc�a, Luis M. Casas; Gonz�lez, Ricardo Luengo // Pixel-Bit, Revista de Medios y Educacion;jul2011, Issue 39, p83
This article, part of a much broader research, aims to present the perceived barriers to the integration of ICT in education by preschool and primaryteachers of the Autonomous Community of Extremadura (Spain). The results obtained by factor analysis of data from a sample of 567 teachers,...
- Powerful Ideas. Weisburg, Hilda K.; Toor, Ruth // School Librarian's Workshop;School Begins 2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p2
Introduces a series of articles on the success of a library media program.
- Knowledge Networks in the Education Enterprise. Woodell, Jim // Multimedia Schools;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p48
Discusses the need to develop a 'knowledge network culture' in the education enterprise in order for the network applications to lead to success. Definition of knowledge network; First steps towards knowledge networks; Technology-based knowledge network applications for the education...
- THE MEDIA LABORATORY. DiSanto, John D. // Education;Apr/May70, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p339
Focuses on multi-media approaches to instruction in the United States. Definition of multi-media instruction; Obstacles to the development of multi-media instruction; Technical aspects of multi-media instruction; Objectives of multi-media laboratories.
- Top Ten Tech Upgrades for 2002. Tyre, Terian // District Administration;Jan2002, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p24
Lists the top ten ideas for educational technology upgrades in 2002. Extension of wireless services; Enhancement of computer security; Enhancement of network capacity; Upgrading of computers; Addition of video tools.
- How to make successful technology connections in your media center. Anderson, Mary Alice // Book Report;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 13 Issue 2, Technology Connection p3
Offers tips to school media specialists how to make successful technology connections with teachers and students through media programs.
- A Comparison of Developmental Gains for Preschool Children with Disabilities in Inclusive and Self-Contained Classrooms. Holahan, Annette; Costenbader, Virginia // Topics in Early Childhood Special Education;Winter2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p224
Two studies examined developmental outcomes associated with services in inclusive and self-contained preschool classrooms. In Study 1, the effects of classroom inclusion on the developmental and social growth of preschool children with disabilities were investigated on 15 pairs of children (N =...
- Encouraging preschoolers' early writing efforts. Falconer, Leslie // Exchange (19460406);Nov/Dec2010, Issue 196, p84
The article presents a reprint of the article "Encouraging Preschoolers' Early Writing Efforts," by Leslie Falconer which appeared in the issue of "Exchange" magazine. It mentions the importance for teachers to foster early reading and writing skills for young children to support their emergent...
- Teachers See iPod Touch as a Good Fit for Youngest Students. // Electronic Education Report;7/26/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p7
The article discusses the advantages of Apple Inc.'s iPod Touch portable media player in primary and preschool education as perceived by several grade school teachers. Professor Mike Egan says that the player is suitable to lower grade students since it matches their hands and fingers. It says...