SERVING 3 MILLION VEGANS A DAY
- MAKING NON-VEGETARIAN DISHES VEGAN-FRIENDLY. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Autumn2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Presents guidelines for making non-vegetarian recipes vegan. Vegan ingredients that can be easily substituted; Use of soymilk instead of dairy milk; Technique for changing the number of portions or total yield of a recipe. INSETS: The major rules of the recipe conversion game are:;A note of...
- Vegan Diet Passes Taste Test. Kieswer, Kristine // Good Medicine;Spring2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p14
Evaluates the acceptability of the vegan diet. Factors contributing to the effectiveness of vegan diet; Importance of social support in promoting vegan diet; Versatility of vegan diet.
- Vegan Cakes Made Simple. Dieterly, Lois // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p27
Presents recipes for vegan cakes. Mango Cake; Vanilla Cake; Gingerbread Cake; Wheat-Free Carrot Cake; Banana Chocolate Chip Cake; Chocolate Cake; Cherry Topping; Creamy Tofu Frosting; Peanut Butter Frosting; Soy Cream Cheese Glaze; Whipped Banana Tofu Frosting; Maple Cocoa Frosting. INSET:...
- Menu for the plant-based palate. Oser, Marie // Vegetarian Times;Jan2004, Issue 317, p35
Present several vegan recipes including Cold Sesame Noodles, Lemon Rice Piaf and Coconut Curry Tofu and Snow Peas.
- By Cooking for All Eaters: Making holiday meals easy. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p128
Offers a look at holiday menu particularly for the vegans. How to make holiday meals appeal to vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters alike; Examples of labor saving vegan menu items; Details on vegan soups.
- VEGAN TIDBITS. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring2002, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p5
Presents tidbits related to vegan health and nutrition. Holiday meals offered by Sodhexo Marriott's college and university food service division; Artichokes as vegetarian dish.
- FOOD SERVICE HOTLINE. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Autumn2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p6
Answers a question about making a healthy sauce for vegan dishes. Use of soft or silken tofu with the desired flavorings; Procedure for making creamy dessert sauces.
- Hale and Hearty Vegan Entr�es. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the strategies in preparing a vegan cuisine. Ways to prepare a vegan meals in restaurants; Ingredients; Technique in making a tofu sauce.
- FOOD SERVICE HOTLINE. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p7
Presents question and answer advisory on making vegan pizza. Basic pizza sauce; Ingredients; Types of vegan meat toppings.