Centigram Extends Services To WAP
- Open Mobile Alliance looms. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the Open Mobile Alliance, a standard coalition of the wireless industry. Development of a common, interoperable open standards across the highly fragmented debris; Incorporation on the work of both the Open Mobile Architecture Group and the Wireless Application Protocol Forum;...
- Handheld Web May Not Open Images. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p20
States that data-intensive displays that personal computer users associate with Internet browsing cannot simply be transferred over to wireless communication devices. Constraints with the Wireless Application Protocol for wireless Internet devices; Implications of the differences in wireless...
- WAP handset sales to accelerate. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p24
Informs on the predicted rise in the shipment of Wireless Application Protocol- (WAP) enabled handsets from 2000 through 2004, according to Allied Business Intelligence.
- Vendors push wireless data spec. // Telephony;01/26/98, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on the formation of the Wireless Applications Protocol Forum to facilitate the development of wireless data content in the United States.
- Wap happy. Walley // Global Telephony;Nov99, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans by several European companies to commercially launch wireless application protocol services. Reaching saturation levels for mobile penetration in Europe; Plan to offer Sonera Zed solution and technology platform; Telia Mobile's launching of MyDOF, a location-sensitive...
- The Yap About WAP. Kamadolli, Shyam // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p90
Reports on telecommunications carriers' confidence in the potential of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) as they venture into wireless data services. Background on the development of WAP; Estimated users of WAP devices; WAP applications developed and in development stage.
- Actually, 2000 Was All Right. Swasey, Larry // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p28
Comments on the performance of the wireless data market in the United States in 2000. Comparison between the WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) and Japan's iMode; Factors limiting the growth of WAP; Estimated number of wireless data users in 2005.
- The Bottom Line on WAP. Walters, Mike; Hamed, Yasin // Wireless Review;02/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p56
Discusses the development of Internet-based technology and services through the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) while opening a pathway for third generation data networks. Benefits of WAP for wireless communication carriers; Levels of WAP interoperability; Misconceptions and myths regarding...
- A WAP Primer. Yuzdepski, John // Wireless Review;04/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p50
Focuses on WAP Forum, a not-for-profit body formed by cellular-phone manufacturers that would create standards allowing wireless devices to access the Internet. Key driver in developing WAP applications; Basis of the programming model of WAP; Information on WAP architecture.