Carrier Needs Prompt UM Vendor Balancing Act
- Wireless Domino Access to bring Notes functions to PDAs. Bowen, Ted Smalley // InfoWorld;10/05/98, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p41
Highlights the features of the Wireless Domino Access server product of Lotus Development Corp. Ability to support electronic mail, calendar and directory functions using Palm Computing systems and IBM's WorkPad personal digital assistants; Mechanics of tapping into Wireless Domino using...
- Phone.com ties in location services through new products. Bruno, Antony // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p44
Reports on Phone.com Inc.'s introduction of products aimed at tying location services to its wireless Internet platform at the company's 2000 Unwired Universe conference.
- Phone.com service takes load off carriers wanting Internet portal. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p105
Reports on Phone.com Inc.'s introduction of a complementary service offering to its Wireless Application Protocol compliant UP.Link Server Suite called MyPhone, a mobile portal platform that the company will operate for carriers as a service bureau. Services that carriers using MyPhone can...
- Phone.com opts for portal play. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;09/20/99, Vol. 237 Issue 12, p9
Presents information on MyPhone, a wireless portal platform introduced by Phone.com as part of its plan to enter the content business. Purpose of the company for entering the portal business; Opportunity offered by the plan.
- Phone.Com gains UP.Link customers in Japan. // RCR;07/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p4
Reports on Phone.com Inc.'s signing of agreements to incorporate its UP.Link Server Suite in wireless networks in Japan. DDI Corp. and IDO Corp.'s launch of wireless Internet access services based on the technology.
- Lotus Development messaging takes domino wireless. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p46
Reports that International Business Machines' (IBM) Lotus Development Corp. has launched a unified messaging initiative aimed to extend the Lotus Domino platform to wireless devices.
- WIRELESS IM PRODUCT FACES HURDLES. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;6/25/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p28
Focuses on the Sametime Everyplace, a wireless instant messaging technology introduced by Lotus Development. Advantages and disadvantages of the technology; Views of wireless industry leaders on the limitations of using wireless messaging; Telecommunication companies which are selling the...
- A Brave New World? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p1
Anticipates the unveiling of the Wireless Web of Sprint PCS in September 1999. Overview of the microbrowser from Phone.com Inc.; Cost of NeoPoint 1000 smart phone and dual-band Touchpoint; Preparations of the NeoPoint Company.
- Phone.com garners deals in Brazil, Poland. // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p42
Reports the deals garnered by Phone.com in Brazil and Poland. License agreement with Global Telecom for the Up.Link Server Suite; Terms of the agreement; Partnership with Unisys Corp. to deliver a turnkey Wireless Application Protocol solution.